troubleinstore

Default Electric plug near gas cooker ..... ?

Hi,

I know this is a little late in the day but the CORGI chap is coming on
Thursday to put me a gas supply into the kitchen for the gas cooker and rip
out the old pipework from where the gas cooker is at present in the utility
room.

Is there any regs eith Gas or Electric that states how far a gas cooker has
to be away from an electric plug socket.

Where I want the gas cooker putting is about 7" away from the plug socket.

Thanks in adviance
--
troubleinstore
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my auction items on eBay & eBid:-
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk/auction-idx.html

BigWallop

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
Hi,

I know this is a little late in the day but the CORGI chap is coming on
Thursday to put me a gas supply into the kitchen for the gas cooker and rip
out the old pipework from where the gas cooker is at present in the utility
room.

Is there any regs eith Gas or Electric that states how far a gas cooker has
to be away from an electric plug socket.

Where I want the gas cooker putting is about 7" away from the plug socket.

Thanks in adviance

troubleinstore

Where is the socket in relation to the cooker? Beside it at worktop level?
Behind it, but at seven inches above it? Beside it at low level to the floor?

If the cooker has a self ignition unit fitted, then you'll probably need a
socket close to the cooker anyway, so this one might just be the ticket.

Lurch

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:59:41 -0000, "troubleinstore"
strung together this:

Is there any regs eith Gas or Electric that states how far a gas cooker has
to be away from an electric plug socket.

There are, but.....

Where I want the gas cooker putting is about 7" away from the plug socket.

......that's fine so I won't go into detail.
--

SJW

about the cooker socket Jason UK diy 11 October 27th 04 10:33 PM
Burke Millrite Spindle Bearings Access Plug Dennis van Dam Metalworking 22 August 3rd 04 06:32 AM
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3! henrib7 Home Repair 7 June 13th 04 09:30 AM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM
Plug Strips Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 13 August 30th 03 06:08 AM