BigWallop

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
Hi,

I know this is a little late in the day but the CORGI chap is coming on
Thursday to put me a gas supply into the kitchen for the gas cooker and rip
out the old pipework from where the gas cooker is at present in the utility
room.

Is there any regs eith Gas or Electric that states how far a gas cooker has
to be away from an electric plug socket.

Where I want the gas cooker putting is about 7" away from the plug socket.

Thanks in adviance

troubleinstore

Where is the socket in relation to the cooker? Beside it at worktop level?
Behind it, but at seven inches above it? Beside it at low level to the floor?

If the cooker has a self ignition unit fitted, then you'll probably need a
socket close to the cooker anyway, so this one might just be the ticket.