Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default No-fly list strands husband of Navy lieutenant in Hawaii

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya
Americans?

He was shocked and thought they must have had the wrong person
because he doesn't have a criminal record and recently passed
an extensive background check in Mississippi to get a permit
to carry a concealed weapon.

But the agent said his name, Social Security number and date
of birth matched the person prohibited from flying.

ding ding ding (!)

Wade Hicks, come on down!

You're the next patriot to go on the No Fly List!

He wasn't told why

You never are Wade. And you never will be. Because you don't live
in a free country.

and wondered whether his controversial views on the Sept. 11
terrorist attacks played a role. Hicks said he disagrees with
the 9/11 Commission's conclusions about the attacks

Wade - that probably didn't help.

So tell me that this isin't conclusive proof that the no fly list isin't
being used as a fascist tool to intimidate and absuse law abiding
citizens. I wonder if Ted Kennedy thought so.

What a farce of a country you americans have created for yourselves.

Your so-called freedom and liberty and the rule of law and the right to
due process are enshrined on toilet paper. You're following those same
rights and freedoms down the drain.

================================

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-19-19-20-58

Oct 19, 7:20 PM EDT

No-fly list strands man in on island in Hawaii

JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii (AP) -- Hawaii is a paradise for
most visitors. But it was Wade Hicks Jr.'s prison for five days.

The 34-year-old from Gulfport, Miss., was stranded in the islands this
week after being told he was on the FBI's no-fly list during a layover
for a military flight from California to Japan.

The episode left Hicks scrambling to figure out how he'd get home from
Hawaii without being able to fly. Then he was abruptly removed from the
list on Thursday with no explanation.

It also raised questions beyond how he landed on the list: How could
someone on a list intelligence officials use to inform counterterrorism
investigations successfully fly standby on an Air Force flight?

Hicks said he was traveling to visit his wife, a U.S. Navy lieutenant
who's deployed in Japan. He hitched a ride on the military flight as is
common for military dependents, who are allowed to fly on scheduled
routes when there's room.

Hicks said that during his layover at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, a
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent told him he was on the
no-fly list and wouldn't be allowed on a plane.

"I said, `How am I supposed to get off this island and go see my wife or
go home?' And her explanation was: `I don't know,'" Hicks said.

Hicks said he was shocked and thought they must have had the wrong
person because he doesn't have a criminal record and recently passed an
extensive background check in Mississippi to get a permit to carry a
concealed weapon.

But the agent said his name, Social Security number and date of birth
matched the person prohibited from flying, Hicks said. He wasn't told
why and wondered whether his controversial views on the Sept. 11
terrorist attacks played a role. Hicks said he disagrees with the 9/11
Commission's conclusions about the attacks.

A Homeland Security spokesman referred questions to the FBI Terrorist
Screening Center, which maintains the report. A spokesman for the center
declined to comment on Hicks' case. The government doesn't disclose
who's on the list or why someone might have been placed on it.

The list of roughly 20,000 people and about 500 to 600 Americans
includes names and classified evidence against suspected terrorists who
are not allowed to fly in U.S. airspace.

The list can be updated within minutes, so it's possible Hicks was added
to the list while in midair from Travis Air Force Base in California to
Hawaii.

A spokesman for Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's office said passengers
who fly standby on military flights are screened against the FBI's list
only on international flights. Domestic passengers are screened only
through an internal military system, not the Advanced Passenger
Information System run by Customs and Border Protection.

"It's scary to know that something like this can happen in a free
country. You're not accused of any crime. You haven't been contacted by
anyone. No investigation has been done. No due process has taken place,"
he said.

He got a hotel room at the Pearl Harbor naval base while he worked
things out. Being on the list didn't stop him from staying on a base
that's home to submarines, cruisers and destroyers.

Hicks said he called politicians in Mississippi and Hawaii and
brainstormed ways to get home with friends, speculating on taking a
private plane, a cruise ship or even a fishing boat from Alaska. He then
got a call on Thursday that he had been removed from the no-fly list.

Hicks planned to take a military flight back to California on Friday to
meet his wife, who will be coming from Japan, and said he plans to seek
to recoup his added travel costs from the government.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 10/20/2012 1:12 PM, Stan Smith wrote:
So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya
Americans?

It seems not an hour goes buy before another "real truth" post from the
schizophrenic name changer who is the only true spokesman for Canada...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 10/20/2012 1:12 PM, Stan Smith wrote:
So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya
Americans?

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya Canucks?

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/1...errorism-laws/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Harper wrote:

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out
for ya Americans?

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for
ya Canucks?

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/1...errorism-laws/

Wait until (or if) that act is restored, and in it's original form.

The original act went into effect in 2002 and died in 2005 (3 years
later). Nobody was ever charged or convicted under it.

We had it just so you americans (or more specifically, the idiots in the
congress and senate) would feel more "secure" with doing business with
Canada.

The same is true now. We only enact such laws to appease you - but we
don't really use them against ourselves.

They are only really used when it comes to dealing with new immigrants
and refugees. We can turn people away on the grounds of these so-called
anti-terrorism laws.

So why don't we get back to the topic of your no-fly-list, and how the
KGB is alive and well in the form of the NSA/FBI/CIA/TSA - violating the
constitutional and civil rights of americans, one patriotic citizen at a
time... ?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

George wrote:

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya
Americans?

It seems not an hour goes buy before another "real truth" post from
the schizophrenic name changer who is the only true spokesman for
Canada...

Shut up George - or I'll make a phone call that will get you on the
no-fly-list.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 10/20/2012 4:37 PM, frag wrote:
Stan Smith wrote in
:

So tell me - how is that "freedom" and "liberty" workin out for ya
Americans?

Are you the Canadian? Guess what! You are American,too. Canada is on the
North American continent.

Hey! That makes him an American Canadian. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:29:48 PM UTC-4, Stan Smith wrote:
So why don't we get back to the topic of your no-fly-list, and how the
KGB is alive and well in the form of the NSA/FBI/CIA/TSA - violating the
constitutional and civil rights of americans, one patriotic citizen at a
time... ?

Every time one "innocent" person gets put on the list, it ALWAYS ends up in the news. There is widespread public outcry, and the person gets taken off the list.

That seems pretty counterproductive to me if you're trying to subjugate a people.

If you ask me, I think someone on the inside is planting these names in the system to "prove" that it is "flawed" and get it shut down.

Strands drill press [email protected] Metalworking 12 January 12th 09 07:05 PM
US Navy Ben Metalworking 8 February 29th 08 10:45 PM
U. S. Navy Corsair. J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 05:08 PM
multi-strands conductors allowed? John Home Repair 6 June 30th 06 03:13 AM
cutting list =>shoppihng list & board feet. Newbie wood shoppingquestion Jim Helfer Woodworking 2 September 3rd 04 03:07 AM