One Way Glass for Bathroom windows, Is there such a thing?

Old January 23rd 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default One Way Glass for Bathroom windows, Is there such a thing?

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

Old January 23rd 06, 03:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Try stain glass. I replaced mine with a clear glass that had a rain
drop pattern. Downside is that it is not tempered. It can shatter. See:

http://store.allstainedglass.com/spocl.html

Old January 23rd 06, 04:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
" wrote:

theres a new electric glass, powered up it becomes opaque, cant see
thru, but its expensive

And you wonąt want to use the bathroom during a power failure!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
Old January 23rd 06, 05:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

No. 'One-way' glass requires that you are in an area that is darker than
the area that you are observing. The person on the darker side always gets
the view.

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

No.

What is an affordable compromise?

Window shade or shutters.

Old January 23rd 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 22 Jan 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "
wrote:

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

We have a 8' single door leading from the MB to the patio (glass), so
my wife used a decorative film with a pattern and looks great and
wasn't that costly.

Check some of these patterns one could use. Not an endorsement.

http://www.on-sitesystems.com/designs/film.htm

Oren

excused from saving Universes."

Old January 29th 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.home.repair

bud smith wrote:

One way glass with a curtin, shutter, or shade to cover it at night.

wrote in message
oups.com...

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

Hi,
Easiest might be ordinary glass and tinting film of your choice.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Linux is Driving me $#@!!!! nutz!!! Gunner Metalworking 115 January 14th 06 07:49 PM
sash windows #3 update - 6mm thick glass Mark Watson UK diy 4 August 21st 05 06:30 PM
Replace glass in Andersen windows? Minnie Bannister Home Repair 8 November 20th 04 05:17 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM