High Score

Default Where can I obtain this drawer divider hardware?

I'm building some drawers to house CD's, DVD's VHS tapes, etc. I'd like to
have a fairly flexible system for dividers. I found some hardware in an
old desk that seems to work fairly well, but I have no idea where to find
some additional pieces. See the pics at:

http://trifs.dyndns.org/image1.jpg

As you can see in the pics, the teeth ends fit in a groove and the body
isebent in such a way that the divider wedges the teeth securely. I'd
appreciate any leads on a supplier.

Thanks for the help

-G
Woodcrafter

As you can see in the pics, the teeth ends fit in a groove and the body
isebent in such a way that the divider wedges the teeth securely. I'd
appreciate any leads on a supplier.

Never seen those exact ones, but these are somewhat similar, even look like
a close match
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...=208&sid=AF989

Hope that helps!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
WIN! $200 of woodworking tools of your choice!
Enter online today.
Latest 6 Reviews:
- EZ Smart Guide System
- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander
- Incra V27 Miter Gauge
- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner
- Festool TDK Cordless Drills
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

High Score

"Woodcrafter" wrote in
:

As you can see in the pics, the teeth ends fit in a groove and the
body isebent in such a way that the divider wedges the teeth
securely. I'd appreciate any leads on a supplier.

Never seen those exact ones, but these are somewhat similar, even look
like a close match
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...s_id=208&sid=A
F989

Hope that helps!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski

Thanks, I had already seen these in the catalog. I plan to have the
dividers running front to back so the rocker fittings wouldn't work.
Thanks anyway.

-G
Clint

Did you see these ones?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...722,43743&ap=1

These might not be as flexible as you were looking for, as they would leave
lasting impressions in the sides of the drawers, but maybe you could trim
down the barbs or something.

Clint

"High Score" wrote in message
"Woodcrafter" wrote in
:

As you can see in the pics, the teeth ends fit in a groove and the
body isebent in such a way that the divider wedges the teeth
securely. I'd appreciate any leads on a supplier.

Never seen those exact ones, but these are somewhat similar, even look
like a close match
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...s_id=208&sid=A
F989

Hope that helps!

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski

Thanks, I had already seen these in the catalog. I plan to have the
dividers running front to back so the rocker fittings wouldn't work.
Thanks anyway.

-G

High Score

"Clint" wrote in

Did you see these ones?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...at=3,43722,437
43&ap=1

These might not be as flexible as you were looking for, as they would
leave lasting impressions in the sides of the drawers, but maybe you
could trim down the barbs or something.

Clint

I had looked at these as well. I wanted to be able to move the dividers
easily, but the LV ones seem to be made to install a fixed divider in a
drawer already built.

I reckon the hardware from my desk was a proprietary "invention" from
that particular furniture company and is not available without buying a
desk. Hmm, let's see, I need 16 pairs and they come 8 to a desk ...

Well, thanks for all the responses. I'm going back to the original plan
to run a few shallow dados.

-g

max20 (at) nc (dot) rr (dot) com