Weekend wood bog

Default Delta 3 wheeled BS tires?

Any idea where one can get replacement tires for the old dinky Delta
benchtop bandsaw (28-160)? There're still hanging in there, but cracked to
all getout and as the wheel spins up, they don't stay tight to the wheel.

Everytime I break this thing out, there's something broke. For some reason
there were 3 nuts missing from the table! No wonder it wouldn't keep a
square cut!

Thanks,..

BJT

Well, I needed wheels for a Tradesmen (Hechinger) bandsaw, and somebody led
me to Enco through this user group, but the price was somewhere around $20
per tire (or tyre). So I wound up talking to a guy in a ceramic shop and he
sold me some wide rubber bands that were about 6 inches in diamerter and
about 3/4 inch wide that they use to hold ceramic molds together. They wer
abouit 75 cents each. So I put one on a wheel and got it lined up against
one flange, then used my x-acto knife to trim it to width while I turned the
wheel by hand. It ain't necessarily pretty, and I'm not sure about how
effective it is, but I got three new tires (tyres) for $2.25 anf the bandsaw
runs and it cuts through the wood I put in there to be cut. Now I probably
wouldn't recommend this for precision work, but for 75 cents, it does what I
need done.

Bruce

"Weekend wood bog" wrote in message
Any idea where one can get replacement tires for the old dinky Delta
benchtop bandsaw (28-160)? There're still hanging in there, but cracked
all getout and as the wheel spins up, they don't stay tight to the wheel.

Everytime I break this thing out, there's something broke. For some
reason
there were 3 nuts missing from the table! No wonder it wouldn't keep a
square cut!

Thanks,..

Hax Planks

Weekend wood bog says...

Any idea where one can get replacement tires for the old dinky Delta
benchtop bandsaw (28-160)? There're still hanging in there, but cracked to
all getout and as the wheel spins up, they don't stay tight to the wheel.

Everytime I break this thing out, there's something broke. For some reason
there were 3 nuts missing from the table! No wonder it wouldn't keep a
square cut!

Thanks,..

Maybe not the answer you want, but the 14" Taiwan band saws are all over
the place for less than $300. I just picked one up at Harbor Freight on
sale for $230. Assembly was time consuming, but not particularly
difficult. The HF model appears identical to the Grizzly, and to a
lesser extent the Delta, Jet et al. There are so many of these out there
that parts should be available for many years to come. Frankly, I'm
tickled pink that I got a functional band saw for what I paid. I'm
tuning it according to Duginske now, and the wheels are almost perfectly
coplanar without any tinkering. There is still some rhythmic ticking,
but that's with the crappy blade that they throw in. But then even
David Mark's band saw makes the same noises, so maybe it is something
that I can't completely get rid of.
Weekend wood bog

I'm looking into rubberbands, saw that in a search. My kids have these
weird wristbands which could work, but they have recessed lettering.

Also the HF 14" is on sale, but would have to justify the use/cost at this
point.

Thanks for the replies guys,...

"BJT" wrote in message
[...]

nospambob

Suffolk Machinery makes tires for BSs. 1-800-234-SAWS and give them
dimention.