Hax Planks

Weekend wood bog says...

Any idea where one can get replacement tires for the old dinky Delta
benchtop bandsaw (28-160)? There're still hanging in there, but cracked to
all getout and as the wheel spins up, they don't stay tight to the wheel.

Everytime I break this thing out, there's something broke. For some reason
there were 3 nuts missing from the table! No wonder it wouldn't keep a
square cut!

Thanks,..

Maybe not the answer you want, but the 14" Taiwan band saws are all over
the place for less than $300. I just picked one up at Harbor Freight on
sale for $230. Assembly was time consuming, but not particularly
difficult. The HF model appears identical to the Grizzly, and to a
lesser extent the Delta, Jet et al. There are so many of these out there
that parts should be available for many years to come. Frankly, I'm
tickled pink that I got a functional band saw for what I paid. I'm
tuning it according to Duginske now, and the wheels are almost perfectly
coplanar without any tinkering. There is still some rhythmic ticking,
but that's with the crappy blade that they throw in. But then even
David Mark's band saw makes the same noises, so maybe it is something
that I can't completely get rid of.