John Pilhoefer

Default overhead router jig

Any one ever build one of these:

http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html

Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Thanks,
John

zelix

"John Pilhoefer" wrote in message
news
Any one ever build one of these:

http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html

Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Thanks,
John

Check out Kathy Matsu****a's guitar making page. I put this link that should
take you directly to the binding jig page.
I hope this helps you.
http://pweb.jps.net/~kmatsu/htmlpages/bindrtrjig.html

David Radlin

Here is a commercial product that could be adapted.

http://www.flexarminc.com/

Not cheap, but in a production environment could be justifiable.

Or, use it as a basis of a build-your-own.

Dave

"John Pilhoefer" wrote in message
news
Any one ever build one of these:

http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html

Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Thanks,
John

Unisaw A-100

John Pilhoefer wrote:
Any one ever build one of these:
http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html
Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Seems (looks) interesting but I'd think there would be an
awful lot of play in a system like that. If it were me I'd
consider and inverted pin router. Search the Lee Valley
site for their over arm or do a search on Onsrud Inverted
Pin Router.

Not saying you need an Onsrud but the principle being the
router is locked down solid into a table and the arm doesn't
quite need to be a stiff (solid) as the "old style" over arm
pin routers.

Your Mileage May Vary but I still can't see how they (the
link above) can get things stiff enough.

UA100

IIRC, one of Patrick Spielman's books has plans for an overhead router
arm like the one pictured; I don't remember which one.

DAGS in this group on "router jigs"; I couldn't recall Spielman's name
and did a search on "router books" to find it. Some such search would
turn up a wealth of ideas.

Dan