DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   overhead router jig (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/95329-overhead-router-jig.html)

John Pilhoefer March 16th 05 04:37 PM

overhead router jig

Any one ever build one of these:

http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html

Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Thanks,
John

zelix March 16th 05 05:06 PM

"John Pilhoefer" wrote in message
Any one ever build one of these:

http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html

Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Thanks,
John

Check out Kathy Matsu****a's guitar making page. I put this link that should
take you directly to the binding jig page.
I hope this helps you.
http://pweb.jps.net/~kmatsu/htmlpages/bindrtrjig.html

David Radlin March 17th 05 03:01 AM

Here is a commercial product that could be adapted.

http://www.flexarminc.com/

Not cheap, but in a production environment could be justifiable.

Or, use it as a basis of a build-your-own.

Dave

Unisaw A-100 March 17th 05 11:29 AM

John Pilhoefer wrote:
Any one ever build one of these:
http://www.leedsguitar.com/pages/tips.html
Seareching for more info. This was the only page I could find with an
example.

Seems (looks) interesting but I'd think there would be an
awful lot of play in a system like that. If it were me I'd
consider and inverted pin router. Search the Lee Valley
site for their over arm or do a search on Onsrud Inverted
Pin Router.

Not saying you need an Onsrud but the principle being the
router is locked down solid into a table and the arm doesn't
quite need to be a stiff (solid) as the "old style" over arm
pin routers.

Your Mileage May Vary but I still can't see how they (the
link above) can get things stiff enough.

UA100

[email protected] March 18th 05 05:08 AM

IIRC, one of Patrick Spielman's books has plans for an overhead router
arm like the one pictured; I don't remember which one.

DAGS in this group on "router jigs"; I couldn't recall Spielman's name
and did a search on "router books" to find it. Some such search would
turn up a wealth of ideas.

Dan