Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Woodworking Show Discount for Delta 37-380 8" Jointer

The bug is starting to gnaw at me again to buy a big tool and I'm thinking 8"
jointer this time. I'm intrigued by the Grizzly G0500 which appears to be a
best buy at $875 direct from Grizzly (plus $75 for shipping).

There are a number of woodworking events this weekend in Charlotte, NC including
a show at the Merchandise Mart, a smaller event at Blume Supply on South Blvd,
and even a big sale at Klingspor's, also on South Blvd.

Blume has the Delta 37-380 in stock for $1095. There would be no shipping
because I could just go get it. Their "show" begins on Friday and the salesman
told me the jointer would be included but he didn't know what the discount would
be. He said he won't know until the rep tells them what is authorized.

Does anybody have any advice? Has anyone bought one of these big jointers at
one of these events? What kind of savings should I expect?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE