samuelmanual

Default roundover router

I've recently, successfully and safely achieved what you want to do.
Presuming there is a 'good side' and 'unseen side'. Screw a 6mm piece
of MDF onto the unseen
side, then copy route it, using flush triimer with bearing. Then,
clamp to bench with one third of edge exposed off bench. Then using
roundover bit with bearing, work your way round the piece. If ther are
2 'good' sides to the piece, instead of screws, use tape, acetone
removes all the stickiness and doesn't stain the oak. Piece of cake...
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:33:19 GMT, Joe Brophy wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:37:33 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

On 13 Mar 2005 21:20:14 -0800, (samuelmanual) wrote:

I've recently, successfully and safely achieved what you want to do.

Actually, no you haven't. I'm trying to align individual entertainment
center units in order to properly attach the base molding so that I can
complete the finishing process.

Presuming there is a 'good side' and 'unseen side'. Screw a 6mm piece
of MDF onto the unseen
side, then copy route it, using flush triimer with bearing.

Hmm, no idea to whom you are responding here.

Then,
clamp to bench with one third of edge exposed off bench. Then using
roundover bit with bearing, work your way round the piece. If ther are
2 'good' sides to the piece, instead of screws, use tape, acetone
removes all the stickiness and doesn't stain the oak. Piece of cake...

Yep, I'm sure it's good advice. Too bad we have absolutely no idea to
whom you are responding. You've provided absolutely no context, you've
posted under a brand new subject header, so we don't even have a thread to
which to refer.

When you reference "we" I assume you are speaking of yourself and Juanita since I did make
the connection to the 9" circle routing question thread. If you want to give the guy a
lecture by all means do so, but perhaps you could handle it privately offline via email.
I and maybe even "we" can do without your ranting....just a suggestion.

Not to be overly argumentative, but I reposted your entire posting.
Nowhere in the above do I see reference to a 9" circle.

If it came across as a rant, I apoligize for being overly abrasive -- the
simple fact is that some context is quite helpful, particularly when one is
scanning a very heavily used newsgroup.

Joe Brophy
CountryTech Computer
email:

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody