D Shack

Default MLCS MARVEL 60 router

Anyone have any experience with the MLCS MARVEL 60 3 HP Variable Speed
Plunge Router? this is the most economical 3 hp router that I've come
across.

Thanks for any help/

Don
toller

Haven't tried it, but...
Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they
throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work up
the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

Robatoy

In article ,
"toller" wrote:

Haven't tried it, but...
Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they
throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work up
the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

You will always 'need' another router, lest you be banished from the
Wreck by the Moderator and set adrift on a sheet of painted cherry!
Unquestionably Confused

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
"toller" wrote:

Haven't tried it, but...
Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they
throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work up
the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

You will always 'need' another router, lest you be banished from the
Wreck by the Moderator and set adrift on a sheet of painted cherry!

Need? What's with need? The operative word is WANTg

Don,

One of my students brought one to class....pretty poor machine.... very
rough plunge ....assembly was terrible
I would look elsewhere...good luck
Mike

arw01

Get the Hitachi. You won't be sorry. Been abusing a TR12 for about 10
years now, maybe longer.

Alan

D Shack

arw01 wrote:
Get the Hitachi. You won't be sorry. Been abusing a TR12 for about 10
years now, maybe longer.

Alan

thanks. I'm going to take a look at that Hitachi.

appreciate the suggestion.
D Shack

Duane Bozarth wrote:

D Shack wrote:

wrote:

Don,

....pretty poor machine.... assembly was terrible

Suppose I only wanted to use the machine mounted to a table, the plunge
being of no concern. I 'm working with a pretty tight budget, but I need
3 hp to handle heavy workloads more efficiently.

The above from someone who's actually seen one and you still want to
bite when there are recognized quality ones available for little more?

You think there's a chance the electricals are any higher quality than
the machining? It never ceases to amaze the levels to avoid a buck up
front to cost in time/repair/replacement/aggravation down the road...

point well taken, duane.

Max

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
m...
Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
"toller" wrote:

Haven't tried it, but...
Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they
throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work
up the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

You will always 'need' another router, lest you be banished from the
Wreck by the Moderator and set adrift on a sheet of painted cherry!

Need? What's with need? The operative word is WANTg

I have more routers (7) than I need but not as many as I want. G

Max

Max

"arw01" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get the Hitachi. You won't be sorry. Been abusing a TR12 for about 10
years now, maybe longer.

Alan

I have 2 M12V Hitachis mounted in a Rockler double router table. I think
they're great.

Max