Mr Fixit eh

Default Can't Find a J-roller for Laminate

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

Robatoy

In article . com,
"Mr Fixit eh" wrote:

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

Mr. Fixit, (IF that's your real name)... I saw J-rollers today at Home
Despot. Not in the tool dept though...near the edge-banding tape.

btw... the triple-headed laminate rollers, do not apply as much pressure
as the single ones (too much distribution over area)

On 11 Mar 2005 15:26:46 -0800, "Mr Fixit eh"
wrote:

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

I have had good results with a rubber mallet. small taps, lots of
them....
Larry Jaques

On 11 Mar 2005 15:26:46 -0800, the inscrutable "Mr Fixit eh"
spake:

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Go to Google Images, look for pics, make a wooden roller on a
handle shaped like that in under an hour. What's the problem?

I made a couple small kitchen countertops, about 2'x2', without
one using a piece of tubafore and a rubber mallet. If you make
sure you use solvent-based contact cement and let it flash
properly, I doubt you'll have a problem.

--
Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.
----
Chris Ross

Mr Fixit eh wrote:

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

I used to use what was called a wallpaper seam roller. It had a straight
handle and a wooden roller.

Allyn Vaughn

wrote:

I've been to all the hardware stores and flooring stores in the area,
but nobody sells a simple J-roller. I will be applying 1/8" red oak
door skin on the sides of exposed kitchen cabinets.

Can I apply enough pressure without the J-roller, or should I order one
on-line and just wait the extra few days?

Steve

I used the bread pin roller from the house and it worked fine. Had to
use it on the laminate for the SWMBO's sewing table so as not to get
too much grief!.

Allyn