RP

Default Jet Bandsaw Riser Kit in Blue????

I picked up an older Jet 14" bs a few months back. Anyone know of a source (probably a local
supplier) that might have one of the riser kits in the old blue color? Jet doesn't have it on their
website, and my local B&M told me he couldn't get it.

I suppose paint is an option, (as is ta hell with it, just stick a white one on it) but I'd prefer
original Jet blue if I could get it.

Thanks,
Roy
(put an "RP" in front of the 77469 for email)

Unquestionably Confused

Jim Behning wrote:
The automotive paint store will mix any color you want.

So will most of the borgs as well as Ace, True Value, and just about any
other paint store. They all seem to have computer paint compounding
mac davis

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:52:21 GMT, RP wrote:

I picked up an older Jet 14" bs a few months back. Anyone know of a source (probably a local
supplier) that might have one of the riser kits in the old blue color? Jet doesn't have it on their
website, and my local B&M told me he couldn't get it.

I suppose paint is an option, (as is ta hell with it, just stick a white one on it) but I'd prefer
original Jet blue if I could get it.

Thanks,
Roy
(put an "RP" in front of the 77469 for email)

ugly is in the eye of the beholder, I guess..

every time I see that green Grizzly block on my gray Ridgid saw, I think of the
$100 in green it saved me.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Ken Johnsen

I have the whit riser kit. The bar is round with a grove that accepts the
lock screw

Ken

"WM" wrote in message
If you buy the white kit, can you let us know if it fits properly? I
have the old BLUE Jet BS and while putting a new riser in is not a
problem, getting a new bearing and blade guard bar is not easy. My bar
is hexagonal. Can anyone with a white riser kit tell me if the kit bar
is hexagonal?

WM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:52:21 GMT, RP wrote:

I picked up an older Jet 14" bs a few months back. Anyone know of a

source (probably a local
supplier) that might have one of the riser kits in the old blue color?

Jet doesn't have it on their
website, and my local B&M told me he couldn't get it.

I suppose paint is an option, (as is ta hell with it, just stick a white

one on it) but I'd prefer
original Jet blue if I could get it.

Thanks,
Roy
(put an "RP" in front of the 77469 for email)

Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
WM wrote:

If you buy the white kit, can you let us know if it fits properly? I
have the old BLUE Jet BS and while putting a new riser in is not a
problem, getting a new bearing and blade guard bar is not easy. My bar
is hexagonal. Can anyone with a white riser kit tell me if the kit bar
is hexagonal?

Contact Louis Iturra - he sells bandsaw parts, upgrades, accessories and
thingies to modify BSs. The old Delta's used a hexagonal bar and the 14"
hex riser bar might fit the Jet.

Iturra Design - 888-722-7078

--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Roy

Here's the url for the riser block on the Jet sight.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cf...tail&iid=11814

Looks like everything is included. I checked with Jet, and they stated the riser block would fit,
but did not specifically mention any of the other included hardware. I wrote back asking for
clarification mentioning that blade guard fits might be a problem. I'm sure I won't hear from them
before tomorrow, and I am leaving for vacation in the morning. If I hear back, I will post the
results when I return.

Oh, yeah, they wanted $31.13 plus shipping and handling for a bottle of Jet blue paint. I think the
white riser block will add a little splash color to the old Jet-blue machine. Kinda like a racing
stripe or the Invasion Stripes on the planes at Normandy.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:53:11 GMT, WM wrote:

[...]

I have a blue set up I'm not using, $35.00 plus shipping
Glenn

Roy

Back from vacation, and finally getting caught up with posts. Here's the response I got from Jet
about the blade guard issues....

Hello Roy,

The riser block will fit just fine on your jwbs-14cs. The machine with the hexagonal bar is a
JBS-14. The bar on your machined has a round shaft with a grove down the back. The riser block
will fit this. The only problem is that it is the Jet white instead of the older Jet blue.

Regards,
MaryAnn

Hope this helps, WM.
Roy

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:32:29 GMT, WM wrote:

Thanks for the info.

WM