John Laurence Poole

Default new 14" Powermatic Bandsaw - 6" riser wait

I purchased Powermatic's new 14" bandsaw on November 18th and was to
have the 6" riser block accessory drop-shipped to me since it was not in
stock at the dealer's. I have now learned from Powermatic's help desk
that they do not have any risers in stock and that the earliest they,
the company, might have them in would be the first week in January.

So if you are thinking about buying this bandsaw and want the extra 6",
we prepared to wait. Otherwise, it seems to be a mighty fine and very
stable, saw.

John Poole

Bay Area Dave

John, join the club of happy Powermatic band saw owners! Dontcha just
LOVE THAT SUCKER?? I had a Delta, so I REALLY appreciate the
improvement in design, function, features, and smoother operation of the
PM. I also inquired about the riser. It's just a few more weeks away,
if it's early Jan. Not a biggee. Did you get the $50 accessory coupon?

I put mine on a Delta adjustable mobile base that I had previously used
on a DP. I realized that I never move the DP.

The one thing dangerous about the Powermatic is that it is SO quiet that
when I turn off the power the blade spins so quietly for about 16-18
seconds, that I've had to be careful about detensioning too quickly or
touching the blade. I never had any problem knowing when the Delta was
running! I'll say it again for anyone who's needing a band saw, I am SO
glad that I returned the Delta; it was a vibrating, irritating piece of
equipment that sorely disappointed me from the minute I set it up.
Thank goodness the store gave me a full refund. THAT'S customer service!

What brand of blades have you got for it? I picked up an All Pro Olson
3/16 scroll blade. It works great, but I don't have any experience with
any others that size.

dave

John Laurence Poole wrote:

I purchased Powermatic's new 14" bandsaw on November 18th and was to
have the 6" riser block accessory drop-shipped to me since it was not in
stock at the dealer's. I have now learned from Powermatic's help desk
that they do not have any risers in stock and that the earliest they,
the company, might have them in would be the first week in January.

So if you are thinking about buying this bandsaw and want the extra 6",
we prepared to wait. Otherwise, it seems to be a mighty fine and very
stable, saw.

John Poole

Bob Davis

My dealer was showing me one of these the other day. He was salivating over
it and wanted to replace the saw in his own shop with it. He told me there
was a long wait on the riser blocks, but I thought he said it is much longer
than a couple of months. A bandsaw is in my "phase 2" shop purchase plan
(just completed phase 1) and I will seriously consider the Powermatic.

Bob

. com...