Ron

Default Hitachi Router?

Hi Folks
I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp
with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does
anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

Ron

Leon

"Ron" wrote in message
news
Hi Folks
I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp
with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does
anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

I do not know of any router that cannot be mounted in a router table. Work
with in it's limits and it should be fine.

--

Those routers look an awful lot like porter cables to me. Didn't know
Hitchai where grey or used two wrenches for bit changes.

ray

Kim

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ron ) wrote:
: Hi Folks
: I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2

1/4 hp
: with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too.

Does
: anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

: Ron

--

Those routers look an awful lot like porter cables to me. Didn't know
Hitchai where grey or used two wrenches for bit changes.

ray

Bob Rosendahl and his son did use the Hitchai a few years ago.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...ages&lr=&hl=en

Too bad my Comcast cable no longer air The Router Workshop. Comcast also no
longer air Modern Masters, the Furniture Guys or The American Woodshop with
Scott Phillips. Seems to me there is less of Norm too ... all slowly
replaced by hot glue stuff, phony painting, decoration on the cheap.

Leon

"Thomas D. Ireland" wrote in message
We get a TV show here called The Router Workshop that uses Hitachi
exclusively if that makes you feel any better!

Actually the Router Workshop has "exclusively" used DeWalt also. ;~)

Leon

Yeah, I suspect they will use any color that uses the bill. IIRC they were
using purple for a while. I suspect no was paying the bill when they were
using those routers. LOL.

"Bob" wrote in message
Now they use Porter Cable.

"Leon" wrote in message

"Thomas D. Ireland" wrote in message
We get a TV show here called The Router Workshop that uses Hitachi
exclusively if that makes you feel any better!

Actually the Router Workshop has "exclusively" used DeWalt also. ;~)

Leon

"Leon" wrote in message
m...
Yeah, I suspect they will use any color that uses the bill. IIRC they
were using purple for a while. I suspect no was paying the bill when they
were using those routers. LOL.

oups, any color that pays the bill.