DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hitachi Router? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/93921-hitachi-router.html)

Ron March 6th 05 08:30 PM

Hitachi Router?

Hi Folks
I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp
with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does
anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

Ron

Leon March 7th 05 03:05 AM

"Ron" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Folks
I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp
with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does
anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

I do not know of any router that cannot be mounted in a router table. Work
with in it's limits and it should be fine.

[email protected] March 7th 05 05:29 AM

Ron ) wrote:
: Hi Folks
: I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2

1/4 hp
: with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too.

Does
: anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

: Ron

--

Those routers look an awful lot like porter cables to me. Didn't know
Hitchai where grey or used two wrenches for bit changes.

ray

Kim March 7th 05 06:39 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ron ) wrote:
: Hi Folks
: I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2

1/4 hp
: with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too.

Does
: anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?

: Ron

--

Those routers look an awful lot like porter cables to me. Didn't know
Hitchai where grey or used two wrenches for bit changes.

ray

Bob Rosendahl and his son did use the Hitchai a few years ago.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...ages&lr=&hl=en

Too bad my Comcast cable no longer air The Router Workshop. Comcast also no
longer air Modern Masters, the Furniture Guys or The American Woodshop with
Scott Phillips. Seems to me there is less of Norm too ... all slowly
replaced by hot glue stuff, phony painting, decoration on the cheap.

Leon March 7th 05 01:56 PM

"Thomas D. Ireland" wrote in message
We get a TV show here called The Router Workshop that uses Hitachi
exclusively if that makes you feel any better!

Actually the Router Workshop has "exclusively" used DeWalt also. ;~)

Leon March 7th 05 10:44 PM

Yeah, I suspect they will use any color that uses the bill. IIRC they were
using purple for a while. I suspect no was paying the bill when they were
using those routers. LOL.

"Bob" wrote in message
Now they use Porter Cable.

Leon March 7th 05 10:55 PM

"Leon" wrote in message
m...
Yeah, I suspect they will use any color that uses the bill. IIRC they
were using purple for a while. I suspect no was paying the bill when they
were using those routers. LOL.

oups, any color that pays the bill.