Woody

Default Need Instructions On Glass Doors With Mullions

Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

Rick Cook

Woody wrote:
Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

A bunch of them. What, exactly, do you mean by 'fancy'?

--RC
Rumpty

http://mrsawdust.com/ Good detailed instructions using the Radial Arm Saw.

--

Rumpty

"Woody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

Woody

Hey RC -

Fancy meaning mullions with a decorative routed edge - not just square.

Like something you'd see on a nice china cabinet.

Woody

Jim

"Woody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

There was a program on "The Router Workshop" which showed how to create such
doors. You can get the plans from them.
Jim

TeamCasa

After making windows for my front room,
http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/images/windows1.jpg
I found that making the mullions tricky. I used the CMT set
http://www.medfordtools.com/cmt/windowsash.html
(link is for reference only)
To make the window sashes and mullions. The real tricky part had to
do with the vertical grain fir I used. Tearout was hard to control.
If and when I make any more windows, I'll use a different wood and more use
of backer boards when milling the mullions.

Dave

"Woody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

http://www.usenet.com
Rick Cook

Woody wrote:
Hey RC -

Fancy meaning mullions with a decorative routed edge - not just square.

Like something you'd see on a nice china cabinet.

Woody

You're talking about true mullions, not just decorative overlays on wood?

I assume, then, that the problem is coping them -- making the contours
match at places where the mullions meet?

--RC
Duane Bozarth

Woody wrote:

Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy
mullions in them?

Woody

See the instruction sheet w/ the CMT window sash set.

Delta has an instruction sheet on producing windows and doors, etc.
Don't have the copy here for the part number but I suspect it's still
available if you ask.

I highly recommend the Delta sheet although it relies on a stub shaft
cutter to make the cope cut for the full-length tenon of a classical
window sash.

Most router sets these days are designed only for the stub tenon which
looks ok but isn't nearly as strong as the full tenon.