Edwin Pawlowski

Default Working on a gloat

Tonight I brought home 48 board feet of rough cut pine. It was used for
storage in some home made shelves and now is just sitting in an unused part
of the building. I know it is dry because it has been in place for 10 or 15
years. .

Boards are 11 1/2" wide, 42" between the places they were nailed. Some
pieces have a few knots, others are almost clear.

I estimate there is about 900 board feet.

Did I mention the price? Of course not, there is no price, just my time to
take it away.

First project is drawers for under my workbench.

loutent

Hi Ed,

What a great find - and the price is right!
Perfect for drawers.

Oh yeah..here's a lollipop, 'cause you suk!

O-- (orange)

;-)

Lou

In article , Edwin
Pawlowski wrote:

Tonight I brought home 48 board feet of rough cut pine. It was used for
storage in some home made shelves and now is just sitting in an unused part
of the building. I know it is dry because it has been in place for 10 or 15
years. .

Boards are 11 1/2" wide, 42" between the places they were nailed. Some
pieces have a few knots, others are almost clear.

I estimate there is about 900 board feet.

Did I mention the price? Of course not, there is no price, just my time to
take it away.

First project is drawers for under my workbench.

Bruce

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:52:52 -0700, Edwin Pawlowski wrote
(in article ):

Tonight I brought home 48 board feet of rough cut pine. It was used for
storage in some home made shelves and now is just sitting in an unused part
of the building. I know it is dry because it has been in place for 10 or 15
years. .

Boards are 11 1/2" wide, 42" between the places they were nailed. Some
pieces have a few knots, others are almost clear.

I estimate there is about 900 board feet.

Did I mention the price? Of course not, there is no price, just my time to
take it away.

First project is drawers for under my workbench.

I had a score like that a few years ago. They were tearing down an old
building on campus a while back. Basically a metal shell filled with a first
floor of storage shelves toped by a second floor of offices. The second floor
was entirely 2x12's. The first floor shelves were all 16" 1x stock. Perfectly
clear, all dead flat, and growth rings less that 1mm apart. Beautiful stuff!
I only wish I had a way to haul more than the few hundred bf. I managed to
snag.

Old wood is cool, free old wood is cooler!

-Bruce

Bob G

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:00:07 -0700, Bruce wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:52:52 -0700, Edwin Pawlowski wrote
(in article ):

Tonight I brought home 48 board feet of rough cut pine. It was used for
storage in some home made shelves and now is just sitting in an unused part
of the building. I know it is dry because it has been in place for 10 or 15
years. .

Boards are 11 1/2" wide, 42" between the places they were nailed. Some
pieces have a few knots, others are almost clear.

I estimate there is about 900 board feet.

Did I mention the price? Of course not, there is no price, just my time to
take it away.

First project is drawers for under my workbench.

============================
Nice...find...better price...

I built a couple of chest of drawers and added casters to the entire
chests so they slide right under my workbenchs... HOWEVER
I only made the draws hence the chests about 18 inches deep because
I have the nack of loosing things in the back of drawers...Plus I can
store things like jigs etc behind the chests under the workbench...

When I was a young College student I worked in a Drug store
where they were remodeling and the Pharmacist was a woodworker
who "removed" at least 5000 BF of walnut ...At that time I though he
was absolutely wacko....

DAMN was I ever in need of an education...

Bob Griffiths