John M

Default Delta 14" Bandsaw

I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the riser kit for my Delta 14" band saw. I am doing a lot of reswaing and now need some additional height.

Does anyone have any experience with installing / quality of riser / etc.

Thanks in advance

John

Dave Vermilyea

John M wrote:
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the riser kit for my
Delta 14" band saw. I am doing a lot of reswaing and now need some
additional height.

Does anyone have any experience with installing / quality of riser / etc.

Thanks in advance

John

John,

I bought one & installed it. The riser block is a good solid piece of
metal. Installation was straight forward. IMO, the kit is well worth
the money. The only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the blade
guard arrangement. When sawing thinner stock, the guard is not long
enough and it leaves a portion of the blade exposed above it.

Dave
GrayBeardPhil

John:

Yes, and I like it. Got my Delta bandsaw almost 20 years ago, and riser
about a year later.

BTW, they didn't mention it until I first tried to install, you will want to
have a 1-1/8 inch and a 1-1/4 inch wrench. A dead-blow hammer would be nice
also. Look on the left hand side of your delta, about table high, you will
see a large bolt. That is what you have to undo and replace with a bolt in
the kit. The upper part is aligned to the lower casting with steel dowel
pins. You may have to "nudge" the upper casting off these pins because the
fit is very tight.

The assembly part, you will need an extra pair of hands.

Phil

"John M" wrote in message
news I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the riser kit for my Delta
14" band saw. I am doing a lot of reswaing and now need some additional
height.

Does anyone have any experience with installing / quality of riser / etc.

Thanks in advance

John

John M

Thanks folks. I appreciate the information.

"Dave Vermilyea" wrote in message
John M wrote:
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the riser kit for my Delta
14" band saw. I am doing a lot of reswaing and now need some additional
height.
Does anyone have any experience with installing / quality of riser /
etc.
Thanks in advance
John

John,

I bought one & installed it. The riser block is a good solid piece of
metal. Installation was straight forward. IMO, the kit is well worth the
money. The only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the blade guard
arrangement. When sawing thinner stock, the guard is not long enough and
it leaves a portion of the blade exposed above it.

Dave

Delta Homecraft 10" bandsaw - should I??? Keith Carlson Woodworking 4 April 5th 18 05:14 PM
FS: Delta 14" platinum Edition Bandsaw -- Also Carbide Blades [email protected] Woodworking 4 February 3rd 05 12:26 AM
Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
Surprising Review - Chinese Delta 14" Bandsaw 28-206/276 Greg G. Woodworking 25 December 23rd 03 03:59 PM
Delta 28-299B Bandsaw, minor gloat (I think) Forrest Chamberlain Woodworking 22 December 22nd 03 11:23 AM