Sambo145

Default Responses about newsreaders -Thanks

Thanks for all the responses about newsreaders. It will keep me busy for a
while checking out a suitable one.

Sam
jaime

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:20:00 +0000, No Spam
wrote:

Tight ass *******, its 29 US dollars for a licence for software you
use every day AND get free upgrades for.

I prefer to keep my *Canadian* dollars. Thanks eh.

**************************************
I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it ironic that he lives on a farm?
**************************************

Patriarch

jaime wrote in
:

snip

There are more than a few software people inhabiting this virtual space.
Hence, we often feel it is our livelihood being threatened.

Given the low cost and/or free software made available....

Patriarch
jaime

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:45:38 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

There are more than a few software people inhabiting this virtual space.
Hence, we often feel it is our livelihood being threatened.

Given the low cost and/or free software made available....

Patriarch

I can understand how you feel but there are many people out there who
cannot afford the high costs of many of these software programs.

Bill Gates has made *billions* off of people for software it probably
cost him less to manufacture then what he retails it for.

**************************************
I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it a coincidence that he lives on a farm?
**************************************
Bob G.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:45:38 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

jaime wrote in
:

snip

There are more than a few software people inhabiting this virtual space.
Hence, we often feel it is our livelihood being threatened.

Given the low cost and/or free software made available....

Patriarch

=============================
I have no problem paying for software that I can install on all of my
home computers... BUT I do have a problem with the fact that I can not
Buy a single copy of Windows XP and install it on each of my
computers ... In a case like that I would resort to "stealing"

Imagine owning a Forrest WW11 blade and can only use it on one
tablesaw...

Bob Griffiths

Bob Griffiths

Mike Marlow

wrote:

Tight ass *******, its 29 US dollars for a licence for software you
use every day AND get free upgrades for.

I prefer to keep my *Canadian* dollars. Thanks eh.

That's really pretty low. Actually, it's stealing. Nothing particularly
admirable about that.
--

-Mike-

jaime

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:56:52 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Tight ass *******, its 29 US dollars for a licence for software you
use every day AND get free upgrades for.

I prefer to keep my *Canadian* dollars. Thanks eh.

That's really pretty low. Actually, it's stealing. Nothing particularly
admirable about that.

Well sweetie when one is on as limited as a budget as I personally am
and trying to raise 2 teenage sons on top of it, by myself I might
add, without the physical help or the financial resources of a
husband, I try to save money where I can.

I think my boys having full bellies at night, decent clean clothes to
go to school in and a roof over thier heads every day is more
important and much more admirable then buying pricey software at the
computer store.

If it wasn't for the help of my father at times I do not know what we
would do. If it wasn't for him I would not even have a computer or an
internet connection. If it was not for him my boys would not even
have had Christmas gifts or a Christmas dinner this past holiday
season.

Before you know *exactly* what my living situation is do not judge me.
I try my best each and every day but since my heart attack last year,
my best is getting tougher to accomplish but I will try until they put
me in that pine box, nail the lid shut and toss that first shovelfull
of dirt over me.

Sharpening responses. RW Woodturning 1 September 3rd 04 04:33 AM
Do you finish your jigs? BeerBoy Woodworking 16 November 25th 03 02:16 AM
Isn't relying of someone else's plans kinda like painting by paintby numbers? Bay Area Dave Woodworking 57 August 27th 03 04:54 PM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM