ted

Default Veneer sources in Southern Ontario

I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

If Cambridge isn't too far, A&M has a great veneer selection.

www.amwoodinc.com

Marc Rhéaume

Give these two a shot:
http://www.cabinetmart.com (Excellent service)
http://www.mcfaddens.com (looks promising, haven't tried them yet)

Marc.

"ted" wrote in message
news
I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

Will

lee valley has tubes of It I have seen it there.
leevalley.com
Have a look at the advertisers here

http://canadianwoodworking.com

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Will

Just another quick follow up. 11 advertisers there

http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/l...+%26+Laminates

There was a veneer supplier at the Hamilton Wood show - you can still
find the page - checked did not see them.
http://www.ontario-woodshows.com/

ted wrote:
I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Gary A in KC

Try www.joewoodworker.com for mail order. I've bought a lot of excellent
veneers from him. Has a lot of specialty figured stuff if that's your
interest also.

Gary in KC

"ted" wrote in message
news
I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

Will

Since I was looking for a veneer source I persisted... Here is the
McFadden Veneer catalogue link. The PDF is quite good. It actually has
useful information.

http://www.mcfaddens.com/contact_us/...Faddens10E.pdf

Whoever put up the McFadden web site should be ashamed. The menus are
almost impossible to use - most of them are unusable. Company documents
are freely available etc. All-in-all an embarrassment to the web
development "profession".

Now if only they ditch their web developer and fix things up a bit...

Marc Rhéaume wrote:
Give these two a shot:
http://www.cabinetmart.com (Excellent service)
http://www.mcfaddens.com (looks promising, haven't tried them yet)

Marc.

"ted" wrote in message
news
I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Robatoy

In article ,
ted wrote:

I'm looking at refacing my kitchen cabinets and I need a source for some
good quality maple or oak veneer around the London, Ontario area. Any
ideas?

Ted Wood

A & M Wood Specialty Inc.
358 Eagle Street North,
PO Box 3204, Cambridge,
Ontario N3H 4S6

Tel. (519) 653-9322

Ted... worth the quick drive. It is an experience.

http://www.amwoodinc.com/canada/

They go way 'out there' because they also supply the Neaderthals who
make musical instruments etc...wood turners too, IIRC.

Another one of their websites:

http://www.forloversofwood.com/canada/gallery.html

....they actually publish prices, so you will discouver very quickly that
you can drop a bundle there if you so desire. The more mainstream
veneers are a bit more than other places, but the difference in quality
is well worth it. (Over a whole kitchen you might spend an additional
10%)

What are you going to do in regards to your doors?
Want a deal on solid surface? Here's my business card:
http://www.topworks.ca/

0¿0

Rob
Sarnia.

Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

now that is a good web site - lots of goodies!

G Almost pornographic to a wood guy, eh?

Robatoy

In article ,
"Marc Rhéaume" wrote:

http://www.cabinetmart.com (Excellent service)
http://www.mcfaddens.com (looks promising, haven't tried them yet)

Marc.. they are both excellent suppliers. Tim Webber at the Mcfaddens
London office is a great guy to deal with... so is Greg Samson.

Cabinetmart is good also, I kinda miss Bob Joynts humour though...

btw.. how's your brother?

0¿0

Rob

www.topworks.ca
Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

Whoever put up the McFadden web site should be ashamed.

I agree. Otherwise an excellent company to deal with.

Robatoy

In article ,
"Marc Rhéaume" wrote:

I'd most likely say he's fine, but I don't have any siblings. Chances are
you have the wrong guy...or my Mom and Dad have lied to me all those years!

Marc

Don't *I* look silly, eh?

LOL
Rob Mitchell

And they are just down the street from the HD I usually go to. How
convenient

The OP was looking for veneer. If you want Oak/Cherry/Mahogany/Birch
etc, then they look pretty good. A&M in Cambridge has a wider selection
of exotics by the look of it. (I've been to A&M and they have varieties
I'd never heard of.)

Rob

Rob Mitchell

Will wrote:
Good to hear. I will try them out for some veneer.

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
Will wrote:

Whoever put up the McFadden web site should be ashamed.

I agree. Otherwise an excellent company to deal with.

I also found their site hard to use, so I sent them some feedback. A
nice lady responded but just said 'sorry, use Internet Explorer and make
sure Javascript is enabled'. Sigh.

I am actually in the market for some Nevamar laminate to replace an
existing piece of Nevamar laminate. They carry it, but their menu
system is so messed up the I can't get to that section of their site.

If you visit their site and find it hard to use, you might also post
some feedback.
Rob

Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 92 June 23rd 04 05:21 PM
Sources for veneer edging for plywood? Joe Woodworking 3 March 19th 04 04:16 PM
European Oak Veneer John Woodworking 0 January 18th 04 01:21 AM
Solid wood, veneer over mdf or plywood Rich Zellmer Woodworking 3 January 6th 04 02:28 PM
Source of nickel plating in southern Ontario? clare @ snyder.on .ca Metalworking 1 August 21st 03 07:54 PM