John

Default European Oak Veneer

Howdy,
If this has already hit the newsgroup I apoligize for the double posting.
My ISP has had a few problems and when I checked I didn't see my post, so
I'm trying again.

I have an old table from 1930 - 1940 (Yeah I'm a young punk, thats old to
me.) The table has a removable leaf that has spent years flipped down
underneath the table. It became bowed and the veneer cracked and fell away
in places. I tried to salvage what I could but no luck. The veneer on the
rest of the table is fine.

It is made out of poplar and topped off with a veneeer that looks to be
European Oak. I call it European Oak because I purchased the 50pc wood
identification kit from woodcraft and the veneer they called European Oak
was a spot on match.

What I'd like to do is purchase some veneer and replace the veneer on the
leaves. This is where I ran into my problem. The European Oak veneer that
is so proudly listed in the identikit, is darned hard to find.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this veneer? I've been looking all
over the web and I find very little. Lots of oak, and bog oak and more oaks
than I knew existed, but no European oak.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
John