Mike Fletcher

Default TABLE SAW BLUES

I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

no spam

If you are really looking for a solution rather than just moaning
(thoroughly understandable) you are going to have to be more specific. If
your problem is only getting a square cut then tell us what you did with
your miter gauge to assure that it is 90 degrees to the blads.

"Mike Fletcher" wrote in message
I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

max

I read a long time ago in a woodworking magazine that some of these saws
only problem was that the bolts that held the table down were too soft.
Replacing them with a higher grade bolt often solved the problems. I am not
saying it will work for you but it couldn't hurt to replace the table and
trunnion bolts and see if that helps.
max

I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

Robatoy

In article ,
"Mike Fletcher" wrote:

I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

Woke up this mohnin'
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

12 inch of trouble
12 inches of hell
this piece of garbage
gonna be hard to sell

so I try over and over over and over
Lord have mercy.

**riff**

Woke up this mohnin'
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

© "Dee" Walt Chitlun.
Jeff P.

Go here to read a good article on setting up your saw:

http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/calibrate_sled1.htm

--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog
can cure depression. The down side is, the minute
you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"Mike Fletcher" wrote in message
I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

Gus

thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

Chuck Hoffman

Since all of your static adjustments seems to have been made and remade
(I'll assume you've been doing it in accordance with the users manual),
check the state of your arbor bearing. There should NOT BE ANY detectable
side or end play. If there is -- even a minute amount -- replace it or have
it replaced. A worn arbor bearing will permit the blade to wobble and cause
the symptoms you described.

"Mike Fletcher" wrote in message
I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

David Hall

thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

....won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin' to
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.
David Hakala

"David Hall" wrote in message
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

...won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin'
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

Hurry before my son's auction ends:

http://tinyurl.com/57j6g

Robatoy

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

"David Hall" wrote in message
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

...won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin'
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

Hurry before my son's auction ends:

http://tinyurl.com/57j6g

I have an unopened vinyl of that one. VBSEG
David Hakala

Dang, we're a buncha ol' hippies here, aren't we? :-)

I'm amazed that no one's mentioned this prime Prine:

Grandpa was a carpenter, he built houses, stores and banks.
Chain-smoked Camel cigarettes, and hammered nails in planks.
He was level on the level, shaved even every door.
He voted for Eisenhower, 'cause Lincoln won the war.

Robatoy

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

Dang, we're a buncha ol' hippies here, aren't we? :-)

I'm amazed that no one's mentioned this prime Prine:
Grandpa was a carpenter,

I hang my head in shame...that song was even ON topic.

Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

'Tis been a while.
David Hakala

"Robatoy"
Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

See if you can name this tune too... rather apropos today! :-)

And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin' for?

I think 60s trivia is enjoying a comeback.

Timothy Drouillard

Don't ask me
I don't give a damn
Next stop is Vietnam

And it's five, six, seven
Open up the pearly gates
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee We're all gonna die.

Country Joe and the Fish

The Fish Cheer
or
The I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag.

"David Hakala" wrote in message

"Robatoy"
Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

See if you can name this tune too... rather apropos today! :-)

And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin' for?

I think 60s trivia is enjoying a comeback.

Robatoy

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

"Robatoy"
Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

See if you can name this tune too... rather apropos today! :-)

And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin' for?

I think 60s trivia is enjoying a comeback.

Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
another one
David Hakala

"Robatoy"
Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
another one

Just like the other one.
This one burnt to the end.
C'mon and be a real friend.