DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TABLE SAW BLUES (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/89322-table-saw-blues.html)

Mike Fletcher February 2nd 05 01:03 AM

TABLE SAW BLUES

I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

no spam February 2nd 05 01:19 AM

If you are really looking for a solution rather than just moaning
(thoroughly understandable) you are going to have to be more specific. If
your problem is only getting a square cut then tell us what you did with
your miter gauge to assure that it is 90 degrees to the blads.

max February 2nd 05 01:37 AM

I read a long time ago in a woodworking magazine that some of these saws
only problem was that the bolts that held the table down were too soft.
Replacing them with a higher grade bolt often solved the problems. I am not
saying it will work for you but it couldn't hurt to replace the table and
trunnion bolts and see if that helps.
max

Robatoy February 2nd 05 03:27 AM

In article ,
"Mike Fletcher" wrote:

I have a 12" Craftsman tables saw and no matter hoe much I adjust it I can
not get a square or consitant cut. Any Advise.

Woke up this mohnin'
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

12 inch of trouble
12 inches of hell
this piece of garbage
gonna be hard to sell

so I try over and over over and over
Lord have mercy.

**riff**

Woke up this mohnin'
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

© "Dee" Walt Chitlun.

Jeff P. February 2nd 05 06:14 PM

Go here to read a good article on setting up your saw:

http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/calibrate_sled1.htm

--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog
can cure depression. The down side is, the minute
you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

Gus February 2nd 05 06:21 PM

thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

Chuck Hoffman February 2nd 05 07:13 PM

Since all of your static adjustments seems to have been made and remade
(I'll assume you've been doing it in accordance with the users manual),
check the state of your arbor bearing. There should NOT BE ANY detectable
side or end play. If there is -- even a minute amount -- replace it or have
it replaced. A worn arbor bearing will permit the blade to wobble and cause
the symptoms you described.

David Hall February 3rd 05 03:22 AM

thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

....won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin' to
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

David Hakala February 3rd 05 07:14 AM

"David Hall" wrote in message
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

...won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin'
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

Hurry before my son's auction ends:

http://tinyurl.com/57j6g

Robatoy February 3rd 05 05:49 PM

In article ,
(David Hall) wrote:

thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

...won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin' to
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

...who else could turn a verse like this, huh? *S*

Down the hall upstairs from me
There's a girl I swear I never see
I hear the ringing of her phone
She must live up there all alone
She hangs her clothes out on the line
They're hanging there right next to mine
And if the wind should blow just right
She could be in my arms tonight

He was just here (London, Ontario). Missed him this time.. I'm sooo
****ed off.
Buy the DVD Live from West 54th.. he does a duet or two with Iris
DeMent... priceless.

0¿0

Rob

Robatoy February 3rd 05 05:51 PM

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

"David Hall" wrote in message
thing were looking bad
seems that this Craftsman
was the only saw I had.

And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile.
It don't cost very much and it lasts a long while.............

...won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was jus' tryin'
have me some fun
well done
hotdog bun
my sister's a nun.

Hurry before my son's auction ends:

http://tinyurl.com/57j6g

I have an unopened vinyl of that one. VBSEG

David Hakala February 3rd 05 09:12 PM

Dang, we're a buncha ol' hippies here, aren't we? :-)

I'm amazed that no one's mentioned this prime Prine:

Grandpa was a carpenter, he built houses, stores and banks.
Chain-smoked Camel cigarettes, and hammered nails in planks.
He was level on the level, shaved even every door.
He voted for Eisenhower, 'cause Lincoln won the war.

Robatoy February 4th 05 02:44 PM

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

Dang, we're a buncha ol' hippies here, aren't we? :-)

I'm amazed that no one's mentioned this prime Prine:
Grandpa was a carpenter,

I hang my head in shame...that song was even ON topic.

Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

'Tis been a while.

David Hakala February 5th 05 02:08 AM

"Robatoy"
Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

See if you can name this tune too... rather apropos today! :-)

And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin' for?

I think 60s trivia is enjoying a comeback.

Timothy Drouillard February 5th 05 05:18 PM

Don't ask me
I don't give a damn
Next stop is Vietnam

And it's five, six, seven
Open up the pearly gates
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee We're all gonna die.

Country Joe and the Fish

The Fish Cheer
or
The I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag.

"Robatoy"

Robatoy February 6th 05 01:23 AM

In article ,
"David Hakala" wrote:

"Robatoy"
Gonna get me some Boone's Farm and dust off my turntable and do some
Prine over the weekend...Maybe wash it all down with Rolling Rock.

See if you can name this tune too... rather apropos today! :-)

And it's one, two, three
What are we fightin' for?

I think 60s trivia is enjoying a comeback.

Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
another one

David Hakala February 6th 05 07:30 AM

"Robatoy"
Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
another one

Just like the other one.
This one burnt to the end.
C'mon and be a real friend.