DIYGUY

Default WTB: ShopNotes #8 Magazine

I am looking to make a box-joint jig that was originally published in
the above magazine issue. I can buy the plans or I can buy the original
magazine. Between the two I would rather have the magazine and the
article; if anyone has this issue and would not mind parting with it
please contact me. And if someone would care to share the plans that
would work as well. If you made the jig and would care to share your
experiences using and making it that would be great. Thanks all ...

FWIW - been to EBay many times over ...
Phisherman

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:21:57 -0500, DIYGUY
wrote:

I am looking to make a box-joint jig that was originally published in
the above magazine issue. I can buy the plans or I can buy the original
magazine. Between the two I would rather have the magazine and the
article; if anyone has this issue and would not mind parting with it
please contact me. And if someone would care to share the plans that
would work as well. If you made the jig and would care to share your
experiences using and making it that would be great. Thanks all ...

FWIW - been to EBay many times over ...

This is not a bad jig which uses two "L" brackets to make an
adjustable index pin. However, it looks a lot of work just to make a
box joint jig. I've always made my box joint jig using wood from the
scrap bin. Two screws hold the wood that fits into the miter slot,
and one screw to hold a (wooden) index pin. I guess
www.backissuestore.com does not have this issue.
Tom O'Connor

I built that jig several years ago and was never happy with it. I
replaced it with one tha Norm built on his show. His is not
adjustable but I made two of them One for 1/2" and one for 3/4.