Dusty

Default rip fence

Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with
my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top
model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick
lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared
position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any
input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.
Steve Decker

Dusty wrote:
Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with
my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top
model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick
lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared
position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any
input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.

Well, if you want to replace it with another Craftsman fence, you could
simply order one from sears.com. I've also seen Craftsman rip fences on
eBay.

Steve
Jeff Cooper

Dusty wrote:
Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with
my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top
model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick
lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared
position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any
input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.

I replaced my Craftsman fence with a Vega when I started remodling our
kitchen (making cabinets). I haven't regretted it once! It's a great
fence for a decent prince. A couple of places to look for them a

Rockler: http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page=5933
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=228013

I'm sure there are other places too...

Jeff

I don't think it would be practical to put an aftermarket fence on a
bench top saw.A vega fence may work, costs more than your saw when new.
mike

Jeepnstein

I actually tried a fence from this guy.
http://www.island.net/~macduff2/

It works remarkably well. I still have the plans and most of the old
fence stashed away with the old benchtop saw just in case I ever need
it again. I've used bits of his plans on other jigs and holdowns as
well. This is one set of plans I have never regretted buying.
Good Luck

Jim

Bob G.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:23:09 GMT, Dusty wrote:

Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with
my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top
model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick
lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared
position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any
input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.

============================
My question really concerns your saw itself... if it is small..like a
benchtop tablesaw I would say, off hand, that spending
even 100 buciks on a replacement fence would be a waste of money...

Jeff mentioned the Vega.... and although I run a Biesmeyer I have
NOTHING bad to say about the Vega... not a thing... but I know that
even the Biesmeyer home fence is 36 inches in lenght...(not sure on
the Vega.) ..and the Biesmeyer commercial is about 40 inches. BUT if
your saw is really a benchtop the lenght of the table is pretty
short... maybe 20 inches...your will have a hell of a lot of fence
sticking out over the edge of the saws rear edge.

Bob Griffiths

Jeff Cooper

Bob G. wrote:
[...]

I have to agree with Bob and also admit I didn't read the orginal post
closly at first, I didn't relize this benchtop saw. Adding a Vega
fence, mine is 50", will make it very long. Vega does make a 26" fence
as well, but it's almost the same price as the 50". You're paying for
the fence and not the bars it rides on...

On my saw, which isn't a benchtop saw as the motor sits behind and below
the bottom of the blade enclosure, adding the Vega fence made the saw
lean noticably to the right. However I also added a table extension on
that side of the saw at the same time which added to the weight. I
eventually threw away the stand and base the saw came with and build a
cabinet on a decent base to hold the saw and the extensions.

Jeff
Bob G.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:16:11 -0600, Jeff Cooper
wrote:

Bob G. wrote:
[...]

Jeff...
I was refering to the actual lenght of the fence itself ...NOT the rip
compacity...of the "Fence System" ....

Go out and measure the lenght of your fence itself ...
bet it is not 4 foot 2 inches long...(50 inches)..I .bet it is about
40 inches in lenght....

And I also bet if you measured the lenght of your rails they will be
close 72 - 80 inches ....

But in either case I would not recomment anyone mount it on a benchtop
saw...

Bob G.
Dusty

Thanks for all of the input...It is a Craftsman Limited Edition
saw.Paid 150.00 for it.It has a fwnce now that is 21 inches in tatal
length,what would be my options......Thanks again for the inputOn Thu,

wrote:

Bob G. wrote:
[...]

Removing Chain-Link Fence and posts EggRaid Home Repair 12 January 12th 05 03:41 AM
Fence boundary question. Dave UK diy 13 November 25th 04 04:48 PM
router fence - precision question igor Woodworking 10 November 18th 04 07:18 AM
Nice neighbors, fence question Drummer of The Vibe Home Repair 1 April 9th 04 03:13 PM
Fence Novice Question barry martin Home Repair 1 December 23rd 03 02:22 PM