Dusty

Thanks for all of the input...It is a Craftsman Limited Edition
saw.Paid 150.00 for it.It has a fwnce now that is 21 inches in tatal
length,what would be my options......Thanks again for the inputOn Thu,
27 Jan 2005 22:12:00 -0500, Bob G. wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:16:11 -0600, Jeff Cooper
wrote:

Bob G. wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:23:09 GMT, Dusty wrote:

Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with
my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top
model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick
lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared
position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any
input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.

Jeff mentioned the Vega.... and although I run a Biesmeyer I have
NOTHING bad to say about the Vega... not a thing... but I know that
even the Biesmeyer home fence is 36 inches in lenght...(not sure on
the Vega.) ..and the Biesmeyer commercial is about 40 inches. BUT if
your saw is really a benchtop the lenght of the table is pretty
short... maybe 20 inches...your will have a hell of a lot of fence
sticking out over the edge of the saws rear edge.

I have to agree with Bob and also admit I didn't read the orginal post
closly at first, I didn't relize this benchtop saw. Adding a Vega
fence, mine is 50", will make it very long. Vega does make a 26" fence
as well, but it's almost the same price as the 50". You're paying for
the fence and not the bars it rides on...

Jeff

Jeff...
I was refering to the actual lenght of the fence itself ...NOT the rip
compacity...of the "Fence System" ....

Go out and measure the lenght of your fence itself ...
bet it is not 4 foot 2 inches long...(50 inches)..I .bet it is about
40 inches in lenght....

And I also bet if you measured the lenght of your rails they will be
close 72 - 80 inches ....

But in either case I would not recomment anyone mount it on a benchtop
saw...

Bob G.