J T

Default AMERICAN CLASSIC JOHNBOAT

http://www.geocities.com/aaawelder/johnboat.html

JOAT
Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people
what they need to get.
- Albert

My grandfather was a journalist, specializing in outdoor/boating
recreation in the late 40s, 50s and 60s. Sometime around 1950 he
published a piece on building a wooden johnboat, using research he did
among the boatbuilders in the Ozarks of Missouri. I think it might
have run in the St. Louis Globe-Democrat. (May have played in one of
the outdoors/pop. mechanics type of mag. as well.) He was always proud
of that piece. He and my father built the boat together, and the story
was a kind of father/son DIY project. They used, IIRC, solid oak (the
traditional ozark material). Sucker musta been heavy!
Gotta ask dad if he's got a copy.

Dan

J T

Sun, Jan 23, 2005, 6:49pm (Buddy=A0Matlosz)
claims:
Ain't enough room on there for a john.

Then use your imagination.
http://www.bumperdumper.com/

JOAT
Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people
what they need to get.
- Albert

Buddy Matlosz

"J T" wrote in message
Sun, Jan 23, 2005, 6:49pm (Buddy Matlosz)
claims:
Ain't enough room on there for a john.

Then use your imagination.
http://www.bumperdumper.com/

I'm not sure I'd like my "bait" dangling over the side.

B.

Origin of Hex Head Nuts/bolts? CWLee Metalworking 57 August 10th 17 01:09 AM
SOTHE BEND- BULLET HOLES IN FOOT a classic case of decline in American industry EdFielder Metalworking 10 January 21st 05 04:31 AM
Revocation of American Independence Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 2 December 22nd 04 09:14 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
First American Home Buyers Protection Plan - BEWARE! C-surfr Home Ownership 2 March 12th 04 01:01 PM