Never Enough Money

Default Wanted: free Dog Food feeder plans

Needs to accept a little over two 50 pound bags of dry dog food. I'm
thinking of the gravity feed style.

I could design it myself - nothing complicated but if there's a free
one already....

Duane Bozarth

Never Enough Money wrote:

Needs to accept a little over two 50 pound bags of dry dog food. I'm
thinking of the gravity feed style.

I could design it myself - nothing complicated but if there's a free
one already....

Why not just a small hog feeder? Would probably be as cheap or cheaper
than materials...
Never Enough Money

Thanks for all the suggestions -- I think.

I plan to build one that looks kinda good -- It'll be in my laundry
room so it doesn't have to be fine furniture. It shouldn't be designed
for the barn livestock either. Besides, I can tailor the design to fit
the space....

firstjois

Gino wrote:
On 15 Jan 2005 11:03:53 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions -- I think.

I plan to build one that looks kinda good -- It'll be in my laundry
room so it doesn't have to be fine furniture. It shouldn't be
designed for the barn livestock either. Besides, I can tailor the
design to fit the space....

If you leave out the duct tape the on end Rubbermaid looks great.
Perfect for the laundry room.
Ask the little woman, $100 oak box, or $15 shiny Rubbermaid
container?
I already know her REAL answer, even if she does tell you to make
the oak box.g Women love Rubbermaid containers.
Of course if you're just looking for an excuse to use your tools and
build stuff I'd say to hell with the little woman and start making
sawdust.

Try the Rubbermaid idea and if it works, build a wood casing around it. I
think if I had my dogs self feed I'd next be making wheelbarrows' to cart
them around in.

Josie

Buddy Matlosz

"Gino" wrote in message
On 15 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:

Needs to accept a little over two 50 pound bags of dry dog food. I'm
thinking of the gravity feed style.

I could design it myself - nothing complicated but if there's a free
one already....

One of the best I've seen is right next door and takes all of 1/2 hour to

make.
Take one of those big Rubbermaid containers, the ones designed to go under

the
bed because the are nice and thin.
Stand on end against wall. Screw to wall.
Cut opening in the bottom of the lid for dog food to come out. Best have a

nice
pan to catch it.
Cut a nice door in 'top' of lid for pouring in the dog food. Duct tape

makes a
nice hinge.

You will need to secure the lid to the box or the pressure of the dog food

will
push it off. Duct tape will work, glue as well, even screws.

Now you have a dispenser that you can see at a glance how full it is.

Women seem to love these.

This is how you feed your women??

B.

Buddy Matlosz

"Gino" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:52:43 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"

wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I could have said the 'bitches seem to love these' then you would have

been
really confused.

Not at all. I was married for 18 years.

B.

WoodchuckCanuck

Try WOOD Magazine's idea for storage of workshop items. Adapt to suit
your needs.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/144.xml
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.woodchuckcanuck.com

pharmdave

WoodchuckCanuck wrote:
Try WOOD Magazine's idea for storage of workshop items. Adapt to suit
your needs.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/144.xml
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.woodchuckcanuck.com

Made one very similar to this, smaller scale, only holds about 60 lbs
of dog food, and I used aluminum blast gates at the bottom for the food
dispenser. E-mail me and I will try to find the plans. I can scan 'em
and send, then you just have to scale up to your size (probably just
double it.)

Dave

Never Enough Money

That's close to what I was imagining. I can modify the dimensions, etc.
to get what I want -- no need to send me detailed plans. Thanks!