R.H.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:21:50 -0600, "My Old Tools"
wrote:

Forget the guides. They're out of date before they are published. Run
price histories on Ebay.

They do have some value in pointing out that the left-handed whiffle
scraper was particularly rare, in comparison to the right-handed
version. Very often you don't need an absolute price estimate (and
many damned fools take these books as gospel), you just need the hint
as to which is the one worth bothering over.

That's more like what I want it for, I'm guessing they would have a few
nuggets of info that some of the other books don't.

Forget the guides. They're out of date before they are published. Run
price histories on Ebay.

They do have some value in pointing out that the left-handed whiffle
scraper was particularly rare, in comparison to the right-handed
version. Very often you don't need an absolute price estimate (and
many damned fools take these books as gospel), you just need the hint
as to which is the one worth bothering over.

I once ran across a luncheon set of depression glass in a small shop.
It was not one of the well known or often collected patterns but it
was one that I was familiar with and liked. I wanted to buy it and
asked about the price. The woman who owned the shop would not sell it
to me because she had not been able to find a price for it in any of
her "price guides!" Nuts!

Maryann

"Anything can be anywhere!"