Default Scroll saw

I want to buy an inexpensive scroll saw. I seem to always have a lot of
smaller items that I would like to cut out of wood for my decorative
projects.
I am looking at some for $87 a GMC at Lowe's and a Ryobi at HD but
these are very nice but are the small table models. Is there some hand
held device that I could buy instead? I tried using a Dremel with a bit
that was supposed to cut wood but this didn't work well. Thanks Liz

WaltC

Liz,

I bot a Ryobi for about $100 and was happy with it for a while. When I
get better, I found that it limited me. Lots of vibration, sloppy
settings, and the blade clamps didn't work well. If I was going to do
anything I wanted to be proud of, I'd have to replace it.

My son just bot a Craftsman for about $140 and he's pleased with it.
They were highly rated by one of the magazines last year.

Walt C