Michael Billings

Default Bosch sawsalls

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the
cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch sawsalls? I can
get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over 100.00 canadian right
now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are around 300.00 canadian.
Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about 179.00 candian.

Michael

Lew Hodgett

"Michael Billings" writes:

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the
cost is quite high.

snip

What are you going to do with it?

If you are a contractor who needs to do demolition as an integral part of
your business, that's one thing.

If you are a hobbyist, that is quite another.

For as often as I use one, a Porter-Cable for about $100 USD does the job.

SFWIW, I refuse to use anything other than carbide or bi-metal blades.

HTH

Lew

Patriarch

"Michael Billings" wrote in

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However,
the cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch
sawsalls? I can get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over
100.00 canadian right now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are
around 300.00 canadian. Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about
179.00 candian.

Michael

Will you use it almost every day to earn a living, or twice, to do
homeowner tasks?

Patriarch
John D'Errico

In article Uv6Ad.244243$5K2.154812@attbi_s03,
Patriarch wrote:

"Michael Billings" wrote in

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However,
the cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch
sawsalls? I can get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over
100.00 canadian right now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are
around 300.00 canadian. Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about
179.00 candian.

Michael

Will you use it almost every day to earn a living, or twice, to do
homeowner tasks?

Patriarch

Its funny. I thought I'd use my sawzall only rarely when
I bought it (5 years ago. Its the Porter Cable.)

Then we had an ice storm. Massive amounts of wood down.
Enough to form a pile roughly 8-10 feet wide, 7 feet
high, and about 50 feet long. Mostly 6 inches and under,
but some up to 12 inches. The blasted chain saw was of no
value - would not start, but I had a long extension cord
and a package of 5 sharp wood cutting blades. The sawzall
did it all.

Still runs like it was new too.

John

--
My e-mail address is composed of my name (derrico)
followed by an "at" symbol, then "flare", and finally,

JGS

Hi Michael,
What the others said but when comparing check the amp draw. You will find that
there appears to be two ranges on the market. I helped an electrician for a
while who had two versions of one brand. The more powerful model was amazing
while the lower draw unit was like a toy. JG

Michael Billings wrote:

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the
cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch sawsalls? I can
get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over 100.00 canadian right
now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are around 300.00 canadian.
Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about 179.00 candian.

Michael

Nova

JGS wrote:

Hi Michael,
What the others said but when comparing check the amp draw. You will find that
there appears to be two ranges on the market. I helped an electrician for a
while who had two versions of one brand. The more powerful model was amazing
while the lower draw unit was like a toy. JG

Michael Billings wrote:

Agreed. Another thing to consider is the length of the stroke.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Nova

Michael Billings wrote:

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the
cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch sawsalls? I can
get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over 100.00 canadian right
now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are around 300.00 canadian.
Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about 179.00 candian.

Michael

My choice for a reciprocating saw would be either the Milwaukee 11 Amp Orbital
Super Sawzall Model No. 6521-21 for approx. $185.00 US$ or the DeWalt DW309K
which sells for about $150.00 US$.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
(Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

DamnYankeeBastard

"Michael Billings" wrote in message
It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the
cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch sawsalls? I

can
get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over 100.00 canadian right
now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are around 300.00 canadian.
Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about 179.00 candian.

Michael

I recieved a Bosch RS10 for Christmas. It's heavy but I suppose it's
because it has a 12 amp motor. The blade lock is slick. Stick a blade in
the slot and it snaps shut locking the blade. To remove, just rotate the
collar and the blade pops out. This could be a point of failure someday but
it seems to built pretty solidly so we'll see. The cord is long, really
long, and swivels. It's really smooth to operate and appears to be very
solid. I've only done a few test cuts so the jury is still out. If it's
like my other Bosch tools then I'll be very happy with it.

Bryan

GregP

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:55:49 -0500, "DamnYankee*******"
wrote:

I recieved a Bosch RS10 for Christmas. It's heavy but I suppose it's
because it has a 12 amp motor. The blade lock is slick. Stick a blade in
the slot and it snaps shut locking the blade.

The "low-end" DeWalt I have is very similar to this.