Ram

Default QuickRout for Bosch 1617?

I noticed that Sears has some Eliminator-style quick-change router
collet attachments they call QuickRout. They have a 1/2-inch one for
Porter Cable routers (no surprise) but they also have two more
1/2-inch ones - one of them is for "older" craftsman routers and one
of them is for "newer" craftsman routers. I also noticed, very
interestingly, that they have an exact look-alike of the Bosch 1617
router in their Sears Professional range. (search for "1617-12" on
sears.com). Therefore I hypothesized that one of these QuickRout
things would fit that router.

Well, I tried asking Sears which one would fit, and I seem to have
thrown them into a tizzy - one guys said any one would fit, and
another felt none would fit.

Any guesses or experiences? Does Bosch have anything special about its
collet?

I also noticed that Eagle-America has the Eliminator chuck for Porter
Cable AND Bosch listed on its site though the latter is not in stock
while no other site seems to talk about Eliminator chucks for anything
other than PC. Any clues about why this is so? Does any quick-change
chuck actually exist for Bosch 1617 - intentionally or unintentionally
!?

-Ram
toller

Can't answer your question except that my Bosch 1617 will not fit a
Craftsman table that supposed fits all Craftsman routers. If they changed
the baseplate and the mounting holes, they might have changed the collets
also.

Though it beats the heck out of me why they would do this; who would buy a
Craftsman over a Bosch?

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:14:35 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Can't answer your question except that my Bosch 1617 will not fit a
Craftsman table that supposed fits all Craftsman routers. If they changed
the baseplate and the mounting holes, they might have changed the collets
also.

Though it beats the heck out of me why they would do this; who would buy a
Craftsman over a Bosch?

someone who bought a craftsman router table?
toller

wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:14:35 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Can't answer your question except that my Bosch 1617 will not fit a
Craftsman table that supposed fits all Craftsman routers. If they changed
the baseplate and the mounting holes, they might have changed the collets
also.

Though it beats the heck out of me why they would do this; who would buy a
Craftsman over a Bosch?

someone who bought a craftsman router table?

Ah, hmm, but...
Good point, but I bought it for $70 and sold it on eBay for $80.

igor

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:33:38 GMT, "toller" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:14:35 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Can't answer your question except that my Bosch 1617 will not fit a
Craftsman table that supposed fits all Craftsman routers. If they changed
the baseplate and the mounting holes, they might have changed the collets
also.

Though it beats the heck out of me why they would do this; who would buy a
Craftsman over a Bosch?

someone who bought a craftsman router table?

Ah, hmm, but...
Good point, but I bought it for $70 and sold it on eBay for $80.

Only $80? I hope you charged $30 or so for S&H.

toller

"igor" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:33:38 GMT, "toller" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:14:35 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Can't answer your question except that my Bosch 1617 will not fit a
Craftsman table that supposed fits all Craftsman routers. If they
changed
the baseplate and the mounting holes, they might have changed the
collets
also.

Though it beats the heck out of me why they would do this; who would buy
Craftsman over a Bosch?

someone who bought a craftsman router table?

Ah, hmm, but...
Good point, but I bought it for $70 and sold it on eBay for $80.

Only $80? I hope you charged $30 or so for S&H.

I charged actual shipping and $5 for handling. It took me an hour to pack
it up, so I didn't make a whole lot there,