Searcher

Default scroll saw stand

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

Mark Jerde

Searcher wrote:
Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so
anyone have an idea?

Mine is on top of my Sears roll-around tool cabinet. It's exactly the right
height for use when I sit on chair.

-- Mark

No-One

I made my stand out of an old brake drum from a cat & a section of pipe.
I got the idea from the city shops ... very heavy & stays put. I can
post a pic if desired.

Searcher wrote:
Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

Nova

Searcher wrote:

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

What brand/model scroll saw? Here's one for the DeWalt DW788:

http://www.Tools-Plus.com/d-adw7880.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Joe Wells

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:37:39 +0000, Searcher wrote:

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone
have an idea?

Like most machine stands, I'd just build a plywood box on wheels. This
gives a solid base for the machine, storage, and mobility.

Specific to the scroll/jigsaw, though:
1) Give some thought to blade storage. Scrollsaw blades are often stored
in small tubes and purchased by the gross.
2) Some scrollie users prefer to be seated while using the machine. You
may want to try that out and adjust the plan accordingly.
3) Also, some of the seated scrollers have their machines at a rather
rakish angle, so you may want to try elevating the back of the machine and
see how you like that.

Post pics of your contraption to abpw!

--
Joe Wells

bynot

i used a small tool stand and cut 4" from the front legs to tilt the
table forward
i've posted a picture in ABPW
it works great. the light is from staples

Searcher wrote:

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

Searcher

That looks good, It seems that others "like" the tilt? I have not tried it
this way. Does it make cuts easier or is it more along the lines of
ergonomics? I was looking at a bench grinder stand and thinking that might
work for me. I am going to look at one at Sears tomorrow and see if it will
"stand" up sturdy. If not I could always mount the base to plywood. Thanks
for the picture, it really helps to put things in perspective.

RIch
AKA Searcher1

Searcher wrote:

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone
have an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

Dan Valleskey

I will post another pict on ABPW in a second. This is jsut a picture
I've kept in my "projects to do" directory. I think pretty old
picture.

-Dan

Searcher wrote:

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

John Flatley

Check Delta. They have a nice three leg stand. Its for their scroll saws,
but will adapt to other without much work.

Jack

--
Learn from the mistakes of others. Trust me, you can’t live long enough to
make them all yourself. I’ve tried!!
"Searcher" wrote in message
Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone

have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

John DeBoo

Harbor freight sells a universal type for like $19, the metal angle iron
type. I almost bought one as it appeared to be just perfect size and
height. Other than that just about any of the Workmate sort of stands
work fine (thats what I use). Got a cheapie from Sears that has
scissoring legs and a folding top that locks into place.
Grandpa John

Searcher wrote:
Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone have
an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

Nate Perkins

"Searcher" wrote in

Is there such an animal? Or do I have to make one myself, if so anyone
have an idea?

Any help would be appreciated

Searcher1

I just plop my 16" Delta scrollsaw on top of my workbench when I need it.
It only weighs maybe 50 lbs or so, and floorspace is at a premium in my
small shop.

Both Dewalt and Delta sell stands that are specific for scrollsaws:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...5/103-3595877-
1455004?v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...3/103-3595877-
1455004?v=glance

If you want a permanent one, then you can buy the little universal metal
stands at most places including Harbor Freight or the Borg.

Or if you need a packaged plan to make one yourself, then check out:
http://woodstore.woodmall.com/supscrolstan.html

Cheers,
Nate
Roger Shoaf

"John Flatley" wrote in message
Check Delta. They have a nice three leg stand. Its for their scroll

saws,
but will adapt to other without much work.

I understand that the three legged stands are less prone to vibration
problems VS. the four leg style.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.