patrick conroy

Default five minutes away...

The kids are still young enough to believe.

When do we stop believing, anyway?
Maybe more importantly, why?

There were no presents under the tree when they went to sleep.
There are now.

The stockings are stuffed.
The cookies and milk are gone.
Santa wrote a thank you note, in crayon.

There are boot prints in the snow and hoof prints too.
Think I'll tell them that reindeer are fine with Kentucky Bluegrass as a
snack.

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Even tho' Santa brings me nothing.
My gifts are already here.

I'm the richest man on earth.
Thank you Lord!
Thank you.

Please - bring peace on earth and goodwill to all.
Merry Christmas and God bless you all.

My Old Tools

My sister was told when she was small that Santa would quit bringing her
presents when she didn't believe in him. She passed away in her thirty's,
and would never admit that Santa wasn't real. She always had presents from
Santa under the tree........

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
"patrick conroy" wrote in message
The kids are still young enough to believe.

When do we stop believing, anyway?
Maybe more importantly, why?

There were no presents under the tree when they went to sleep.
There are now.

The stockings are stuffed.
The cookies and milk are gone.
Santa wrote a thank you note, in crayon.

There are boot prints in the snow and hoof prints too.
Think I'll tell them that reindeer are fine with Kentucky Bluegrass as a
snack.

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Even tho' Santa brings me nothing.
My gifts are already here.

I'm the richest man on earth.
Thank you Lord!
Thank you.

Please - bring peace on earth and goodwill to all.
Merry Christmas and God bless you all.

Silvan

patrick conroy wrote:

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough cheer
to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
TWS

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:09:54 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

patrick conroy wrote:

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough cheer
to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

Well you do have your WW buddies to hang with... Things could be
worse. Have some cheerful thoughts and a cup of grog.

Best wishes,
TWS
Joe Willmann

When do we stop believing, anyway?

50 years old and I still belive! Santa is real! He is as real as you make
him!

Never stop beliving!

Upscale

"TWS" wrote in message

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough

cheer
to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

Well you do have your WW buddies to hang with... Things could be
worse. Have some cheerful thoughts and a cup of grog.

Even better Michael, find a few of those buddies and go to a bar for a few
cups of grog.

Doug Miller

In article , Silvan wrote:
patrick conroy wrote:

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough cheer
to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

Well, they say misery loves company. I haven't felt much cheer either. So
let's you and me cheer each other up, huh?

My hand isn't yet completely recovered from the surgery seven months ago. I
have considerably more range of motion in the thumb than I did before the
surgery, but it's still unbelievably weak and nowhere nearly back to normal.

Now I'm recuperating from the same surgery on the *other* hand, just last
week. I can't lift anything heavier than a coffee cup in my left hand without
it hurting like hell.

Since getting his license this spring, my 16-YO son has been driving my
full-size pickup truck. Right up until the engine seized from lack of oil. So
we've been working together rebuilding the engine, as our schedules permit.
Now I can't lift anything.

And last week my Suburban was stolen, right out of my driveway. Came out last
Monday morning to get the newspaper, and... no truck. S**t. In ten weeks we've
gone from three running vehicles to one. If anyone sees a two-tone blue '86
GMC Suburban with minor sheet metal damage, partially repaired, on the right
rear fender just below the taillight ... that truck is *not* where it's
supposed to be. Please call the police and tell them it was reported stolen in
Indianapolis on 13 Dec.

Plus side: a kind and loving extended family, a great church, plenty of
friends, I'm mostly healthy (and what health problems I do have seem
temporary), I have a warm place to sleep and enough to eat, and I live in
America.

I guess it's not so bad after all.

--
Regards,

hex

Silvan wrote:
patrick conroy wrote:

They went to sleep pretty quickly.
But damn, I'm too excited to.

Sadly, this is the year Silvan grew up, I guess. I don't have enough

cheer
to fill a Barbie sized thimble.

I hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable time of it this year.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

In the when you think your life sucks department:

Could be worse. My father in law passed away yesterday 'bout noon
(brain metastasis of of renal cancer caused a blood vessel to pop about
a week ago -- major intra-cranial bleed did a lot of damage, tumor too
wound in to be removed, and it was all down hill from there -- guys go
out there and write those living wills, it's the kindest thing you can
do for your loved ones in a case like this). Really hit my wife, MIL,
and 6 yo son hard The three year old son really doesn't grok it. The
two girls (11m and 5wks) are young enough to be blissfully ignorant.

The grey clouds of the household are balanced by the fact that the
girls are celebrating their first Christmas -- one foster/pre-adopt,
one new born bio-kid. The foster was the FIL's favorite toy --- MIL
spent much of the day hugging and playing with her. I've spent the
last 36 hours trying to strike a balance between being with the living
(kids, Christmas etc) and supporting the mourning.

'spose I'd better drag this on forum somehow --- here's a half hearted
effort:
On the upside SWMBO got me a nice convex spokeshave and a sweet little
Japanese detail saw.
Now I just gotta find the motivation/energy. Maybe I'll go rough out
something tomorrow on the lathe tomorrow.
Merry Christmas to all.

hex
-30-

boulderscott

Doug,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune..... But, boo hoo. get over
it. Life and happiness is what you make of it and how you deal with
the bad says alot about who you are. These tough times will make for
great stories in the furure and it builds charactor. Make the most of
it and set a good example for your children. Life and family
(immediate and extended) are a blessing. Merry Christmas, Happy
Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, and Happy What-Ever-You-Please!

I loved patrick's post. Thanks dude. That's what it's all about!
Good night.

Mike Marlow

"boulderscott" wrote in message
ups.com...
Doug,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune..... But, boo hoo. get over
it. Life and happiness is what you make of it and how you deal with
the bad says alot about who you are. These tough times will make for
great stories in the furure and it builds charactor. Make the most of
it and set a good example for your children. Life and family
(immediate and extended) are a blessing. Merry Christmas, Happy
Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, and Happy What-Ever-You-Please!

I loved patrick's post. Thanks dude. That's what it's all about!
Good night.

Sadly, life includes flaming ass-holes.

--

-Mike-

Mike Patterson

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:18:51 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"boulderscott" wrote in message
oups.com...
Doug,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune..... But, boo hoo. get over
it. Life and happiness is what you make of it and how you deal with
the bad says alot about who you are. These tough times will make for
great stories in the furure and it builds charactor. Make the most of
it and set a good example for your children. Life and family
(immediate and extended) are a blessing. Merry Christmas, Happy
Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, and Happy What-Ever-You-Please!

I loved patrick's post. Thanks dude. That's what it's all about!
Good night.

Sadly, life includes flaming ass-holes.

While what you say is true, I think he meant well, just poor
communication skills.

To the guys having troubles - keep in mind that things -will- get
better, just do what you can to help it get that way and help others
through it.

Thousands of people are pulling for you.

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
boulderscott

Guys,

After re-reading my post this morning, I'm a little embarrassed. That
was very insensitive of me. I just hate whiners and I thought Patricks
message was great and a few guys kind of poo poo'd on it a little.
Doug, please accept my apology and hang in there, buddy.

Mike Marlow

"boulderscott" wrote in message
oups.com...
Guys,

After re-reading my post this morning, I'm a little embarrassed. That
was very insensitive of me. I just hate whiners and I thought Patricks
message was great and a few guys kind of poo poo'd on it a little.
Doug, please accept my apology and hang in there, buddy.

Well hell then, I'll retract my flaming ass-hole statement then.
--

-Mike-

Doug Miller

In article .com, "boulderscott" wrote:
Guys,

After re-reading my post this morning, I'm a little embarrassed. That
was very insensitive of me. I just hate whiners and I thought Patricks
message was great and a few guys kind of poo poo'd on it a little.
Doug, please accept my apology and hang in there, buddy.

Accepted. Thank you.

--
Regards,