Vaughn Davis

Default O'Malley Router

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good
it probably is.

ks

Do yourself a favour, and keep away from it. Princess Auto in Canada has the
same router on sale under their house brand. Looks impressive, but it is
not a precision machine by any stretch of the imagination. I bought one and
returned it the next day.

"Vaughn Davis" wrote in message
I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good
it probably is.

Leon

"Vaughn Davis" wrote in message
I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router for
$79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this router?
This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good it probably
is.

Sounds way too cheap for a 1/4" 1 hp name brand model.

Gerald Ross

Vaughn Davis wrote:

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good
it probably is.

Do they sell O'Leary lanterns?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Love means never having to say 'Put
down that chainsaw'

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/22/2004 4:57 PM Gerald Ross wrote:

Vaughn Davis wrote:

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to
good it probably is.

Do they sell O'Leary lanterns?

Ooh, stay away from those. A cow could kick one over and start a heck of
a fire!

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

43% of all statistics are worthless.
------------------------------------
Mike Marlow

Vaughn Davis wrote:

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to
good it probably is.

Do they sell O'Leary lanterns?

Ooh, stay away from those. A cow could kick one over and start a heck of
a fire!

Oh... you safety freaks are all the same. Always seeing a boogyman under
the bed...

--

-Mike-

AAvK

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good
it probably is.

I emailed a bunch of eBay buyers of the jig saw, maybe 10 people, only 3
replied saying they were very happy with it whatever O'malley tools they
bought. One is a framer and gave me big reply of explanation, as follows:

Hi!
Since you contacted me about this jigsaw, you probably noticed that I
also purchased the biscuit joiner and the circular saw. I didn't NEED
any of these tools, but what I saw and read strongly indicated that I
finally found some QUALITY power tools. When I received these tools I
was so impressed with the quality that I contacted O'Malley Tools via
email and told them that they should add a plunge router to their list of
tools. They were quick to respond that they already had one in
production and invited me to purchase it. I did, and it had all of the
features that I had been drooling over in a MUCH more expensive router.
To be quite honest, I haven't had the time or opportunity to thoroughly
test any of them. My objective was to replace the Sears Craftsman
tools that I've been using for the past 20 years. I wanted good tools so I
waited like a vulture for half-price sales and bought the very best
that Sears had to offer at the time. My point is this: O'Malley tools
outshine all of those Craftsman tools. The features built into these
tools seem to be only available with more expensive power tools.
The jigsaw? First of all, it comes with an instruction manual that is
professionally written. They expended considerable effort to
illustrate it accurately and explain design features, maintenance, and safety.
This jigsaw puts my expensive Craftsman scroll saw (looks basically the
same as a jigsaw) to shame. The base is CAST rather than STAMPED
steel. On the underside of the base is a steel plate that's bolted to the
casting with four countersunk allen screws. The plate appears to be
coated with teflon or maybe just a heavy coat of black paint. Anyway, it
glides quite easily over a board. If you're concerned about cutting
delicate materials they've included a PLASTIC plate that you can bolt on
in place of the steel plate. It's tucked into a special recess in the
blow-molded case. There is a clear plastic guard that attaches to the
front of the tool. Nice thinking! But get this: Behind the blade is
a guide wheel that supports the back edge of the blade as it cuts.
Amazing! My Craftsman scroll saw has no such innovation and it's forever
breaking blades. A variable speed dial is built into the side of the
handle. An additional button on the top of the handle locks whatever
speed you've chosen. A squeeze on the power trigger releases the button
and stops the motor. Very clever! The saw also has a lever that
provides four orbital settings. Now you not only can control the speed of
UP & DOWN motion, but a BACK & FORTH motion for a clean cut or a more
aggressive cut. Included is a dust collection tube-vacuum adapter so
that you don't have to be annoyed by sawdust that normally blots out the
cutting line that you've so meticulously drawn on your project material.
You can even adjust the base so that you can flush cut up to a vertical
surface.
The saw comes with a generous assortment of blades (I think I counted
nine altogether). There's even an extra set of motor brushes, but ...
they encourage the owner to have them installed professionally so the
warranty isn't voided. They even include a couple extra blade setscrews
in case the originally installed ones drop out and go to NeverLand.
Saw operation appears to be comparatively quiet and smooth.
The only negative thing that I can see at this point is the blow-mold
case that it's shipped in. But ... it does a pretty decent job of
protecting the tool and keeping things organized. If you decide to buy
this saw, I doubt that you'll be disappointed. It's an awesome tool for
the money. I hope this helps. Let me know if you receive this message
okay. Have a great day!! Terry

Dear (My ebay name),

I think I got it for $35.00 shipped. I nneded a good jig saw, it has come thru with flying
colors. I also got the drill, again very happy! I am a contractor & finally charged it after
2 weeks work, that is good! People can't beleve I payed only $20.00 for it. Yes the jig
saw is a great deal for $35.00 I payed, it compares, at my opion at $65.00 or so. Good
Deal, I am happy with o-maley, jig saw & drill too. Good Luck, Rob

Dear (My ebay name),

I'll try to be as helpful as possible, while not an expert on tools. If weight means well built
this saw is well built and seems solid. Couple of times just for testing I used orbital 3 for
cutting 2x6's and it ate them up pretty fast. I checked and know that the highest price sears
model saw is the only sears model with the same features as this saw. It's probably got
features I will never use and it may burn up tomorrow but like I said it seems very solid
and cuts very well, especially if you use one of the orbital settings. I know Makitas, Bosch,
etc. are much higher. Unless there is something I don't see, rpm's same features same,
for price it seems like a good deal to me. Haven't tried other o'malley products, but I don't
think you could go wrong for the money. Hope this helps, Steve Write and let me know
how it goes --Lindy

Mike Marlow

"AAvK" wrote in message

I dropped into Toolseeker.com and saw the O'Malley 3 HP plunge router
for $79 plus $5 shipping. Has anyone had any experience with this
router? This sounds too good. As my grandad said if it sounds to good
it probably is.

I emailed a bunch of eBay buyers of the jig saw, maybe 10 people, only 3
replied saying they were very happy with it whatever O'malley tools they
bought. One is a framer and gave me big reply of explanation, as follows:

Interesting replies. The first two sounded more like a Marketing Department
and made me suspicious - especially the first one, but the last one sounded
more like a real person.

--

-Mike-

AAvK

Interesting replies. The first two sounded more like a Marketing Department
and made me suspicious - especially the first one, but the last one sounded
more like a real person.

What... like they've got some fake buyers leaving feedbacks? I think from what their
tools cost on eBay it is worth the risk of trying one out. It seems to me these guys are
trying to start a real tool company, not scamming.

Alex

Mike Marlow

"AAvK" wrote in message

Interesting replies. The first two sounded more like a Marketing

Department
and made me suspicious - especially the first one, but the last one

sounded
more like a real person.

What... like they've got some fake buyers leaving feedbacks? I think from

what their
tools cost on eBay it is worth the risk of trying one out. It seems to me

these guys are
trying to start a real tool company, not scamming.

Alex

As harsh as it sounds, yes, that's what the first two sounded like to me.
Not to suggest the tools are junk, I wasn't making that comment.
--

-Mike-