Doug Miller

Default IRS Auctions, Woodworking Tools, Machines.

In article , wrote:

I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...etails&id=7422

Note that in this context IRS = Industrial Recovery Services, not the
well-known government agency having the same initials.

--
Regards,

Mike Beede

In article , WD wrote:

I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

Note that "IRS" != "Internal Revenue Service."

Mike Beede
Joe Willmann

WD wrote in news:kCoxd.2471$VQ2.705
@fe39.usenetserver.com:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...etails&id=7422

Spend some time looking over that site. $500.00 Unisaws! Lots of good
stuff! I am all the way out on the left coast. Shipping would kill me1
Charlie Self

Mike Beede responds:
I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

Note that "IRS" != "Internal Revenue Service."

Not that IRS on that site=Industrial Recovery Service.

Charlie Self
"It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable." Eric
Hoffer
Silvan

Charlie Self wrote:

Note that "IRS" != "Internal Revenue Service."

Not that IRS on that site=Industrial Recovery Service.

Computer insider jargon I think went over your head, Charlie. != is C/C++
(and probably other languages) for "not equals."

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Morris Dovey

Silvan wrote:

!= is C/C++ (and probably other languages) for "not equals."

Indeed. Works in C and in C++, too. ;-)

Same as '' in at least some versions of BASIC and .NE. in
FORTRAN II and IV.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Duane Bozarth

Morris Dovey wrote:

Same ... .NE. in FORTRAN II and IV.

Just for the record Fortran is now Fortran and F95 compilers are present
generation although the F2003 Standard is now current...w/F90 standard
Fortran also recognizes /= as a synonym and beginning w/ F77 was no
longer all uppercase.

..
Morris Dovey

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:

Same ... .NE. in FORTRAN II and IV.

Just for the record Fortran is now Fortran and F95 compilers are present
generation although the F2003 Standard is now current...w/F90 standard
Fortran also recognizes /= as a synonym and beginning w/ F77 was no
longer all uppercase.

Seems pretty reasonable. I abandoned FORTRAN IV in favor of C
before F77; and never looked back, except for a single NASA
project using the Data General "Fortran 5" compiler (which had
optimizing capabilities that /still/ dazzle me.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html
Silvan

Charlie Self wrote:

Probably zipped by 90% of the readers on here, too.

Probably. I meant no slight. You can't help being a luser. 90% or better
of computer users in the world today are lusers.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Prometheus

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:00:37 -0600, WD wrote:

I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...etails&id=7422

Anybody else notice that the old iron was going for almost nothing?
For all the bitching about the deline in Unisaw quality and foreign
manufacturing, they still go for double the price of a Whitney table
saw. Odd, considering the Whitney machines we've got at work- they're
a damn fine toolmaker, and they're US based. That sucker looked like
it weighed about 2500 pounds! Dirty, sure- but cleanup seems like a
small price to pay for a saw with a 2" thick iron table... It's sort
of a shame, really.

BTW, thanks for the link- I'll be bookmarking this one.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Unisaw A100

Prometheus wrote:
Anybody else notice that the old iron was going for almost nothing?
For all the bitching about the deline in Unisaw quality and foreign
manufacturing, they still go for double the price of a Whitney table
saw. Odd, considering the Whitney machines we've got at work- they're
a damn fine toolmaker, and they're US based. That sucker looked like
it weighed about 2500 pounds! Dirty, sure- but cleanup seems like a
small price to pay for a saw with a 2" thick iron table... It's sort
of a shame, really.

While I would agree that a Baxter Whitney is a gazzilion
times the saw that a Unisaw is there is the small fact about
it's size which makes it a wee bit hard to get down the
basement stairs. There is also the problem of phase (my
convertor only goes up to 5 horse) which makes it not doable
by a large percentage.

On the other hand, the prices of smaller single phase
machinery (Unisaw class) has steadily risen over the last
few years.

UA100