Prometheus

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:00:37 -0600, WD wrote:

I came across IRS site auctioning woodworking tools etc.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...etails&id=7422

Anybody else notice that the old iron was going for almost nothing?
For all the bitching about the deline in Unisaw quality and foreign
manufacturing, they still go for double the price of a Whitney table
saw. Odd, considering the Whitney machines we've got at work- they're
a damn fine toolmaker, and they're US based. That sucker looked like
it weighed about 2500 pounds! Dirty, sure- but cleanup seems like a
small price to pay for a saw with a 2" thick iron table... It's sort
of a shame, really.

BTW, thanks for the link- I'll be bookmarking this one.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam