Unisaw A100

Prometheus wrote:
Anybody else notice that the old iron was going for almost nothing?
For all the bitching about the deline in Unisaw quality and foreign
manufacturing, they still go for double the price of a Whitney table
saw. Odd, considering the Whitney machines we've got at work- they're
a damn fine toolmaker, and they're US based. That sucker looked like
it weighed about 2500 pounds! Dirty, sure- but cleanup seems like a
small price to pay for a saw with a 2" thick iron table... It's sort
of a shame, really.

While I would agree that a Baxter Whitney is a gazzilion
times the saw that a Unisaw is there is the small fact about
it's size which makes it a wee bit hard to get down the
basement stairs. There is also the problem of phase (my
convertor only goes up to 5 horse) which makes it not doable
by a large percentage.

On the other hand, the prices of smaller single phase
machinery (Unisaw class) has steadily risen over the last
few years.

UA100