Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Moorhead

Default TS: "Why don't they" query

Folks -

I've been getting quite a bit done out in the shop the last week or so, and
it feels GREAT to have some room to move around... But I got to thinking as
I've been swapping between Dado blades, combos and ply blades.... Why don't
TS mfrs put an arbor lock on tablesaws? Chop saws have them, circ saws have
them... It would once and for all eliminate wrasslin' with either jamming
the blade, or in my case, wishing I had a second wrench - the previous owner
lost it.

Another thought I had, is why don't they make the end of the arbor shaft
unthreaded for just a short length? That way you could easily get the nut
in place on the arbor so it wouldn't fall off, THEN tighten it. Maybe the
end of the shaft would hit the clearance plate at 45 degrees, but even a
small "landing zone" would help. Obviously it would make mounting dado
stacks, stabilizers, wire wheels (just seeing if'n you're paying attention)
and arbor washers much easier.

John Moorhead
Happily covered with tree powder

Earth Bonding Query. Pet UK diy 12 July 20th 04 05:01 PM
Query about the fluing options of a W-B Greenstar Rhys UK diy 4 June 22nd 04 04:04 PM
Bathroom fan wiring query (sorry!) Lobster UK diy 3 May 12th 04 09:29 PM