Silvan

Tony Mo wrote:

Oh, using the two wrench thing is great isn't it. How many times has one
slipped off the nut and then you bury the side of your hand into the
blade. Man, those carbide teeth are sharp!
I was considering buying one of these "blade locks" from Lee Valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,24 0,45884
That may make swapping blades easier.

Not easier than two wrenches IME. The flats on the arbor for a second
wrench are about the only thing I miss about the ol' POS TS. My new one
just has a turned metal bit you couldn't get a wrench on if your life
depended on it, so I bought a Blade-Loc.

It doesn't really work very well, and the blade chews it up something awful.
It does work better than stuffing a piece of wood in the hole. Barely.

I guess when I mangle it beyond use, I'll probably try something like
holding the blade with a Quik-Grip or a gloved hand. I can't really
recommend the Blade-Loc. Plenty of other things at LV to buy instead.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/