Kevin L. Bowling

Default Southwest Ohio. Be on the lookout for stolen tools.

Am missing a Dewalt sliding compound mitre saw, Porter Cable compressor
(small, Pancake shaped) and two trim guns Makita 15 amp circular saw, Bosch
18 v cordless recip saw and a ton of other stuff from Liberty Township in
Butler County near Monroe. If anyone's out at the local flea markets
(Trader's World, Ceaser Creek, etc..) or if someone tries to sell you some
suspicious looking tools (thg mitre saw has a couple cuts in the rear fence)
please call me at 606-3204 or, better yet, call the cops. Thanks for your
time.

Kevin Bowling

RonB

Bummer, especially since it sounds like these were you professional tools
and livelyhood.

Eugene

mare wrote:

Kevin L. Bowling wrote:

Am missing a Dewalt sliding compound mitre saw, Porter Cable compressor
(small, Pancake shaped) and two trim guns Makita 15 amp circular saw,
Bosch 18 v cordless recip saw and a ton of other stuff from Liberty
Township in Butler County near Monroe. If anyone's out at the local flea
markets (Trader's World, Ceaser Creek, etc..) or if someone tries to sell
you some suspicious looking tools (thg mitre saw has a couple cuts in the
rear fence) please call me at 606-3204 or, better yet, call the cops.
Thanks for your time.

I have all my power tools engraved with my domain name = company name.
Both in the metal and plastic parts. That would render them much harder
to resell. I hope.

How do you engrave, dremel type of tool? I have all mine inventoried in
spreadsheets and have the receipts organized but I want to do that as
another step.

Dave Jackson

I am in west central Ohio and we got hit early last week. Someone got on
top of the tool trailer and busted out one of the vents to have a look see
inside. Must have liked what they saw, cuz they proceded to pry one corner
of the door open just enough to remove our DeWalt gas powerd air compressor,
all the cords and hoses and an old sawzall.
Fortunately, all the nail guns, saws, lasers, and other tools were locked in
two big job boxes they were unable to get open. (Knaack job boxes are built
like a tank, well worth the cost) If you keep your tools locked in a
trailer on a jobsite, consider running a strong piece of angle iron along
the sides of the door (we just did both sides, lesson learned!) . This
would have prevented those A holes from getting in and ripping us off in the
first place. They never got the door open, just took a prybar and bent the
lower corner of the door up. The biggest complaint i had is after we called
the cops, THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP! No pictures , no investigation, nothing,
except to say that it is getting to be a regular problem in the area and
took a report OVER THE PHONE. What a crock of dung that was. At least in
the county i live in, the sheriff dept. will take the time to come out if
there is a problem like this and take the report in person! All told,
damage to trailer and missing goods totalled $2500
My BIL is a city officer and told me it is also a good idea to put the
last 4 digits of your SSN on the tools. At least, you can prove it was your
when it turn up in the local pawn shop. I'll keep my eyes open for your
stuff. On the bright side, the pawn shops must be overflowing with stolen
goods this time of year, so maybe you can get a good deal replacing what you
had. --dave

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gotyea.1pj18q25sk84yN%mare*Remove*All*0f*Thi ...

--
mare

mac davis

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:33:53 GMT, "Dave Jackson"
wrote:

[...]

Dave... Be VERY careful with the last 4 digits of your SS#!!
If they get that and your name, they (in many cases) have your
identity....

J. Clarke

wrote:

[...]

I've had police officers tell me that the SSN is not really good for
identification anyway--it's difficult for the police to get a name out of
the Social Security Administration with just the SSN. A drivers' license
number would be better from the viewpoint of the police finding the owner.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Brian and Brenda Mahaney

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:06:43 -0500, Kevin L. Bowling wrote:

Am missing a Dewalt sliding compound mitre saw, Porter Cable compressor
(small, Pancake shaped) and two trim guns Makita 15 amp circular saw, Bosch
18 v cordless recip saw and a ton of other stuff from Liberty Township in
Butler County near Monroe. If anyone's out at the local flea markets
(Trader's World, Ceaser Creek, etc..) or if someone tries to sell you some
suspicious looking tools (thg mitre saw has a couple cuts in the rear fence)
please call me at 606-3204 or, better yet, call the cops. Thanks for your
time.

Kevin Bowling

I'm a bit north of there, but I'll keep my eyes pealed. On a related note,
my wife's cousin owns a business in the Cincinnati area and recently had
his whole tool trailer stolen.

Brian
Eugene

wrote:

[...]

In OH the DL number changes each time you get a new one. I had some tools
stolen and they just did the police report over the phone, I had to speak
to a voice activated answering machine. Then Allstate screwed me over and
gave me 1/100th of the price and told me I should have tools as that made
me more of a target for thieves, needless to say I'm not with them anymore.

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:38:20 GMT, "Dave Jackson" wrote:

Allstate? I have them too.. So, basically, you got robbed twice. First by
thieves, again by insurance co? Them SOB's. --dave

Even more fun when you don't have them and they are the insurer for the
party who is at fault in an accident. My wife was in an accident
(rear-ended while waiting to turn left -- not even sporting). She spent
over a year hassling with Allstate -- the other driver's insurance carrier,
all she wanted was to get the Explorer fixed and any medical bills for her
passengers taken care of. First hassle was initial refusal to replace the
car seat in which our son had been riding when the car was hit (collision
was *not* minor, significant damage to the car occured, including having
one of the passenger seats in which my FIL was riding snap the back as he
went forward, then back into the seat). She had to go to the CPSC in order
to get a letter indicating that, yes, if a child car seat is involved in an
accident, it needs to be replaced. CPSC contact expressed interest in
getting the seat for testing, my wife gave them the insurance agent's name
and number. Since the accident was out-of-state, she needed a rental car
-- more hassle. Getting the vehicle returned was another argument.
Allstate is definitely not on my list of approved vendors.

.... snip