Dave Jackson

I am in west central Ohio and we got hit early last week. Someone got on
top of the tool trailer and busted out one of the vents to have a look see
inside. Must have liked what they saw, cuz they proceded to pry one corner
of the door open just enough to remove our DeWalt gas powerd air compressor,
all the cords and hoses and an old sawzall.
Fortunately, all the nail guns, saws, lasers, and other tools were locked in
two big job boxes they were unable to get open. (Knaack job boxes are built
like a tank, well worth the cost) If you keep your tools locked in a
trailer on a jobsite, consider running a strong piece of angle iron along
the sides of the door (we just did both sides, lesson learned!) . This
would have prevented those A holes from getting in and ripping us off in the
first place. They never got the door open, just took a prybar and bent the
lower corner of the door up. The biggest complaint i had is after we called
the cops, THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP! No pictures , no investigation, nothing,
except to say that it is getting to be a regular problem in the area and
took a report OVER THE PHONE. What a crock of dung that was. At least in
the county i live in, the sheriff dept. will take the time to come out if
there is a problem like this and take the report in person! All told,
damage to trailer and missing goods totalled $2500
My BIL is a city officer and told me it is also a good idea to put the
last 4 digits of your SSN on the tools. At least, you can prove it was your
when it turn up in the local pawn shop. I'll keep my eyes open for your
stuff. On the bright side, the pawn shops must be overflowing with stolen
goods this time of year, so maybe you can get a good deal replacing what you
had. --dave

"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gotyea.1pj18q25sk84yN%mare*Remove*All*0f*Thi ...
Kevin L. Bowling wrote:

Am missing a Dewalt sliding compound mitre saw, Porter Cable compressor
(small, Pancake shaped) and two trim guns Makita 15 amp circular saw,
Bosch
18 v cordless recip saw and a ton of other stuff from Liberty Township in
Butler County near Monroe. If anyone's out at the local flea markets
(Trader's World, Ceaser Creek, etc..) or if someone tries to sell you
some
suspicious looking tools (thg mitre saw has a couple cuts in the rear
fence)
please call me at 606-3204 or, better yet, call the cops. Thanks for your
time.

I have all my power tools engraved with my domain name = company name.
Both in the metal and plastic parts. That would render them much harder
to resell. I hope.

--
mare