Rob V

Default Plastic Resin Glue??

What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?

Is this just normal Hide glue?

Leon

Not like hide glue other than color. IIRC DAP Weldwood makes it. It is a
brown powder that you mix with water.
I recall using it in shop class when I was in school.

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/main/ca...TIC-RESIN-GLUE

"Rob V" wrote in message
. com...
What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?

Is this just normal Hide glue?

PDQ

Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen.

--=20

PDQ
--
=20
"Charlie Self" wrote in message =
| Leon responds:
|=20
| Not like hide glue other than color. IIRC DAP Weldwood makes it. =
It is a=20

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/main/ca...3874194/ccsyn=

/
| 260/_x_/BuilderDepot-com-00203-LB-PLASTIC-RESIN-GLUE
|
| "Rob V" wrote in message=20
| .com...
| What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?
|
| Is this just normal Hide glue?
|=20
| Try:
| =
http://www.dap.com/retail/retail_det...tid=3D103&pro=
dhdrid=3D42
|=20
| It cannot be legally used in several states so check the on-site info =
there.
|=20
| Good stuff where legal. Urea formaldehyde resin.
|=20
| I'm not sure what the beef against it is in those few states where it =
can't be
| sold.
|=20
| Charlie Self
| "Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool =
of himself
| and a wreck of his country." Ambrose Bierce
Slowhand

"Rob V" wrote in message
. com...
What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?

Is this just normal Hide glue?

Nope. It's plastic resin glue. It does have a longer open time than say
yellow glue but not as long as true hide glue. I use prg to glue up bent
laminations.
SH

John

At what exposure levels?? Or is this one of those Republic of
Kalifornia things where just about ANYTHING is a carcinogen in big
enough or long enough exposure???

John

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:54:16 -0500, "PDQ" wrote:

Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen.

--

PDQ

Leon

"PDQ" wrote in message
Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen

Ummm, that is only true in California though, right? ;~)

I have a bag of charcoal that has a warning label for California residents.

Thomas Bunetta

Try this link:
http://www.djmarks.com/stories/faq/3..._the_46688.asp
Tom

"Rob V" wrote in message
. com...
What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?

Is this just normal Hide glue?

Lee Gordon

I have a bag of charcoal that has a warning label for California
residents.

What does it say, "Don't hold briquets in bare hand after you've lit them on
fire?"

Lee

Joe C.

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Rob V" wrote in message
. com...
What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?

Is this just normal Hide glue?

Nope. It's plastic resin glue. It does have a longer open time than say
yellow glue but not as long as true hide glue. I use prg to glue up bent
laminations.
SH

For bent laminations, PRG has the added benefit of not being susceptible to
creep like a lot of other glues.

J. Clarke

John wrote:

At what exposure levels?? Or is this one of those Republic of
Kalifornia things where just about ANYTHING is a carcinogen in big
enough or long enough exposure???

I'm surprised they don't try to hang a warning tag on each oxygen molecule.

John

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:54:16 -0500, "PDQ" wrote:

Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen.

--

PDQ

--
--John