Steve

Default Inca 12" Table Saw

I have an acquaintance who has a 12" Inca Table Saw but no books. The blade
raising/lowering mechanism is not working correctly. It comes down easily but
he says it takes the strength of two men to crank it up. I have not looked at
it yet but he says he has cleaned out all the sawdust etc. and that it has
two rods for raising. Anyone have one of these or the book with a breakdown
in it. I suspect a bad set of acme threads or simple binding between the two
rods. Thanks
Robert MacKinnon

I have an Inca Major 10" saw and also found the table easy to drop and hard
to raise. The problem ended up being sawdust collecting in the bronze
bushings in which the raising mechanism road. I disassembled the saw and
cleaned the bushings completely. I also used a silicone based lubricant
that eased the mechanism substantially. I don't think the same design is
shared between these models (the Major is a raising table and the 12" Inca
is a raising blade) but the source of the problem may be the same. Check
the raising mechanism thoroughly and libricate it. I used Tri Star Lube, a
super low friction spray lubricant.

k.net...