DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Inca 12" Table Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/79665-inca-12%22-table-saw.html)

Steve December 3rd 04 04:19 PM

Inca 12" Table Saw

I have an acquaintance who has a 12" Inca Table Saw but no books. The blade
raising/lowering mechanism is not working correctly. It comes down easily but
he says it takes the strength of two men to crank it up. I have not looked at
it yet but he says he has cleaned out all the sawdust etc. and that it has
two rods for raising. Anyone have one of these or the book with a breakdown
in it. I suspect a bad set of acme threads or simple binding between the two
rods. Thanks

patriarch December 3rd 04 04:48 PM

(Steve) wrote in
k.net:

I have an acquaintance who has a 12" Inca Table Saw but no books. The
blade raising/lowering mechanism is not working correctly. It comes
down easily but he says it takes the strength of two men to crank it
up. I have not looked at it yet but he says he has cleaned out all
the sawdust etc. and that it has two rods for raising. Anyone have
one of these or the book with a breakdown in it. I suspect a bad set
of acme threads or simple binding between the two rods. Thanks

Garrett Wade in New York was a distributor for Inca back in the day, and
likely has what you need.

Patriarch

Robert MacKinnon December 3rd 04 11:54 PM

I have an Inca Major 10" saw and also found the table easy to drop and hard
to raise. The problem ended up being sawdust collecting in the bronze
bushings in which the raising mechanism road. I disassembled the saw and
cleaned the bushings completely. I also used a silicone based lubricant
that eased the mechanism substantially. I don't think the same design is
shared between these models (the Major is a raising table and the 12" Inca
is a raising blade) but the source of the problem may be the same. Check
the raising mechanism thoroughly and libricate it. I used Tri Star Lube, a
super low friction spray lubricant.

k.net...