Roy Smith

Default When all you have is a file, everything looks look a nail?

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.
Mark Jerde

Roy Smith wrote:
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to
my wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were
you filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says,
"I couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

When my bride and I tied the knot 23 years ago she had a couple of toolboxes
with various hand tools given her by her father. They have all been
assimiliated into "my shop." In the past month, out of the blue, she said
she thought it would be nice if she could get her tools and toolboxes back.
Your story gives me motivation to do that! ;-)

-- Mark

mac davis

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:45:39 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

ya have to learn when to quit while you're even or a bit ahead..
like when she said "I couldn't find a hammer", the thing to do is say
"oh, ok", grab the file and a cold one and head for the shop..

Mike Patterson

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:08:29 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Roy Smith wrote:
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to
my wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were
you filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says,
"I couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

When my bride and I tied the knot 23 years ago she had a couple of toolboxes
with various hand tools given her by her father. They have all been
assimiliated into "my shop." In the past month, out of the blue, she said
she thought it would be nice if she could get her tools and toolboxes back.
Your story gives me motivation to do that! ;-)

-- Mark

Or maybe she's talking to an attorney!

I have a friend whose wife bailed out at 25 years, which incidentally
is the anniversary I'm coming up on in 2 months. I'm getting
nervous...

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
philski

Roy Smith wrote:

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

Run to the store! Buy her a toolkit of her own! It saved me a whole lot
of SWMBOlogy...

Philski

Xane T.

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:45:39 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

Yet another good reason to go to Harbor Freight (or Wal-Mart, or
K-Mart, or whatever) and spend $10 on a tool kit to leave in one of
the kitchen drawers. Never use them yourself, that way you have
plausible deniablity if they're ever misplaced.
Leon

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

You need to get her the Black & Decker "Womans" Tool kit. There are two
tools in the package. A Shoe, for hammering nails, and. I cannot remember
what the other tool was.

Old Nick

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:45:39 -0500, Roy Smith vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

You can say THAT again.

She had me there.

Dogs are better than people.

People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And
then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most
of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a
headache.........
Norman D. Crow

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

You need to get her the Black & Decker "Womans" Tool kit. There are two
tools in the package. A Shoe, for hammering nails, and. I cannot remember
what the other tool was.

Table knife for a screwdriver. Knew I had a picture of it somewhere.

--
Nahmie

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:15:34 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

(1) Can you really resist, one day

Yes. That's why you get the $10 set, not the $20 set.

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:20:32 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

You need to get her the Black & Decker "Womans" Tool kit. There are two
tools in the package. A Shoe, for hammering nails,

They've upgraded it

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:45:39 -0500, Roy Smith calmly
ranted:

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

Question: Is she still alive?

You need to go he
or he

Just Do It!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Dave Balderstone

In article , Leon
wrote:

You need to get her the Black & Decker "Womans" Tool kit. There are two
tools in the package. A Shoe, for hammering nails, and. I cannot remember
what the other tool was.

I think it's a butter knife for screws...
WoodMangler

Roy Smith did say:

Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

Here are some tools she'd be proud to own: www.barbarak.com
They're actually decent quality tools made for women's hands.

My wife is a true tool aficionado. Half the tools I own were bought at her
insistence. 8" jointer instead of 6". Jet JTAS left tilt with 50" fence
rather than a contractors saw (she actually wanted the powermatic, but I
have to draw the line somewhere), some Knight planes in specific woods,
etc. I can't take her to Woodcraft any more. I can't afford her tastes.

Around this house, it's more likely that I'll be chastised for tool abuse.
And, below is HER rule. Life is good.

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Ian Dodd

Roy Smith wrote in message ...
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

Years ago I was taught the Craftsman's Credo: "Every tool is a hammer,
except a screwdriver. It's a chisel."
SawDust

Leon - The picture of the B&D tool kit has been posted in
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The other tool is a knife...

wrote:

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to my
wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were you
filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says, "I
couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

You need to get her the Black & Decker "Womans" Tool kit. There are two
tools in the package. A Shoe, for hammering nails, and. I cannot remember
what the other tool was.

Leon

"SawDust" wrote in message

Leon - The picture of the B&D tool kit has been posted in
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The other tool is a knife...

Thanks.. I could not fine my copy of the file. LOL

patriarch

WoodMangler wrote in
news
snip of a report of a sweet wife

Today, I dropped by Rockler to pick up a couple of more connectors for the
dust collector system that never ends. A fellow in my demographic is
standing in front of the X5 Unisaw, running his hand over the Bies, with a
whistful look in his eye. I tell him, it's nothing but a time sink, that
he'll be in the shop all of the time, building stuff. He says that he's
sold all his tools, and doesn't have room for such a saw. His wife, who I
hadn't noticed before, off to the other side, speaks up. "Honey, I think
that if we rearranged a few things, you could fit this saw in there. It
has wheels."

We joke about SWMBO at times. But often, they are priceless. His was.
And mine is.

Patriarch
jo4hn

WoodMangler wrote:
[snip]
My wife is a true tool aficionado. Half the tools I own were bought at her
insistence. 8" jointer instead of 6". Jet JTAS left tilt with 50" fence
rather than a contractors saw (she actually wanted the powermatic, but I
have to draw the line somewhere), some Knight planes in specific woods,
etc. I can't take her to Woodcraft any more. I can't afford her tastes.

Around this house, it's more likely that I'll be chastised for tool abuse.
And, below is HER rule. Life is good.

It's a hobby where HWMO hangs around the house and off the streets even
though he probably doesn't wear a wedding ring. A small price to pay
for harmony. :-)
mahalo,
jo4hn