Mark Jerde

Roy Smith wrote:
Sigh.

I get home today and there's a file on the kitchen counter. I say to
my wife, "What were you filing?". "Huh?", she replies. "What were
you filing? There's a file on the counter", says I. "Oh", she says,
"I couldn't find a hammer".

At this point, I was a little incredulous and replied, "You were
hammering with a file!?". "Yeah", she says, "would you rather I had
used one of your chisels?".

She had me there.

When my bride and I tied the knot 23 years ago she had a couple of toolboxes
with various hand tools given her by her father. They have all been
assimiliated into "my shop." In the past month, out of the blue, she said
she thought it would be nice if she could get her tools and toolboxes back.
Your story gives me motivation to do that! ;-)

-- Mark