Ah10201

Default what to use to glue MDF?

can I use regular carpenter's glue to glue 2 pieces of MDF edge to edge or is
there special MDF glue that is appropriate?

thanks...
Slowhand

"Ah10201" wrote in message
can I use regular carpenter's glue to glue 2 pieces of MDF edge to edge or
is
there special MDF glue that is appropriate?

I use titebond 2. Make sure to use biscuits (as opposed to dowels) to help
joint. Dowels will cause the mdf seam to seperate.
SH

mp

I use titebond 2. Make sure to use biscuits (as opposed to dowels) to
help joint. Dowels will cause the mdf seam to seperate.

Dowels will work just as well as biscuits.

Slowhand

"mp" wrote in message
I use titebond 2. Make sure to use biscuits (as opposed to dowels) to
help joint. Dowels will cause the mdf seam to seperate.

Dowels will work just as well as biscuits.

Use dowels then. My experience has been not so good with dowels as they
tend to split the mdf layers.
SH

mp

Use dowels then. My experience has been not so good with dowels as they
tend to split the mdf layers.

The problem would be that the dowel hole is a bit small. Same thing would
apply to undersized biscuit slots.

Bob Peterson

I tried this once a long while ago. Did not work very well at all. I think
the surface is just too porous. maybe if you tried a biscuit joint? at the
time I tried this I did not won a biscuit cutter.

You might want to make a few samples up out of scrap and see how well it
works.